PDA

View Full Version : Carbon express or Carbon Tech

Kenny G
March 3rd, 2008, 01:36 AM
I've been shooting GT utlalites and am thinking of going with a higher quality shaft. The spine of the GTs seems to wander alittle from shaft to shaft. I am thinking about Carbon Express Cx or Carbon Tech Cheetas. shot from a 40# recurve and used for field rounds and 3-ds. Do you know if the spine sorting gets tighter if you go to the more top end GTs the pros? Thanks for you inshight. Kenny.

Dave T
March 3rd, 2008, 12:32 PM
Both companies (CX & CT) are known for holding tighter spine tolerances than GT. My impression is Carbon Tech may have the edge but I haven't done any independent spine testing to prove that, just a conclusion from talking to people who shoot both. The Cheetah is lighter than the CX so if speed (flatness of trajectory) is your goal that might be the deciding factor. Both are superior to GTs in my experience.

Dave

pinkfletch
March 3rd, 2008, 05:13 PM
Carbon Express until I got some CT Cheeta 3D's and ran them through a Ram QC spine checker...no comparison between the 2, the CT's win hands down. Spine variation around the CT's was less than .005 over 22 of 24 shafts...the other 2 were .007. I am talking about extreme total circumference readings. The CT's were almost as good as new Easton alum's that I have checked. The straightness of the CT's was within the spec's on all but the same 2 that were out of the pack for spine also. They were .005 TIR...for what it's worth, I fletched and shot the 2 "bad" ones and I can't tell the difference out to 60 yds....I am not a great shooter 835-40 on the 900 american round.

For the small difference in price, I can't afford not to shoot the CT's

Kenny G
March 3rd, 2008, 09:20 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you...K.