PDA

View Full Version : Mathews Shops.....

Teucer
March 16th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I heard from my local shop that since it carries Mathews bow, they basically have an agreement to not carry Bowtech, Diamond and Hoyt. Sounds like they force the shops into basically only selling mathews. I went to this shop who is listed as a Martin dealer, he told me he can't have a bow in his shop, but he could order it for me.

IowaSwitchback
March 16th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Thats funny my dealer has diff brands...:rolleyes:

Hasbro
March 16th, 2008, 09:32 AM
NOT the way it is around here!

I'm pretty sure your shop is yankin your chain!

jcmorgan31
March 16th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I've only seen one Mathews dealer around here that didn't carry other brands. That was by choice.... :noidea:

a3dhunter
March 16th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Not true, local shop has Mathews and Bowtech. I have seen plenty that carry Mathews along with another major brand. Your dealer just doesn't want the others for whatever reason, probably the money involved in keeping stock up and a lower profit margin based on his mark up.

Let me guess, his Mathews are probably right around $759-$799 right?

No Mercy
March 16th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Or...there are other Bowtech dealers in the area. Bowtech protects dealer areas as does Mathews, and Hoyt to a point.

ILLbucknut
March 16th, 2008, 09:37 AM
I was told by my local Mathews dealer that everything he sells in his shop had to be O.K.'d by Mathews before he was allowed to sell it. He was talking about everything from Scentlock suits too hunting videos. I'm kinda glad he does'nt sell bowtech, I dont like the Mathews attitude that people have that shot and hang around in his shop. I drive almost an hour to shot indoors just so I dont have to put up with their B.S.

The shop does carry PSE, Bear, Reflex, and Hoyt....just not Bowtech, I wonder why.

hntnksn
March 16th, 2008, 09:38 AM
shop here carries all the major brands. although Martin pulled out because they said they couldn't compete in his shop.

AdvanTimberLou
March 16th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Hmmm, the shop I go too has Mathews, Hoyt and Bowtech not to mention other brands.

Another shop near me the same deal. Mathews sitting right next to Hoyts on the rack.

He is indeed yanking your chain. Its his choice to not carry more brands.

brangus
March 16th, 2008, 09:41 AM
place i bought my Mathews sells all kinds of bow.

BuckWyld
March 16th, 2008, 09:42 AM
:fish2: :pukey:

bowhuntermn
March 16th, 2008, 09:44 AM
I'm not sure your pro-shop is being truthful with you. I know of a number of shops that carry Mathews, Hoyts and Bowtech. The shop owners can carry other lines if they want too.

AdvanTimberLou
March 16th, 2008, 09:49 AM
I was told by my local Mathews dealer that everything he sells in his shop had to be O.K.'d by Mathews before he was allowed to sell it. He was talking about everything from Scentlock suits too hunting videos. I'm kinda glad he does'nt sell bowtech, I dont like the Mathews attitude that people have that shot and hang around in his shop. I drive almost an hour to shot indoors just so I dont have to put up with their B.S.

The shop does carry PSE, Bear, Reflex, and Hoyt....just not Bowtech, I wonder why.

I highly doubt Matt Mcpherson tells dealers what else they can sell next to his bows. Think about it, do you think Matt has time to look at every piece of inventory a Pro Shop has and then give the green light to sell their bows in their shops? Then if something is not o.k. tell them to remove it? Your dealer is mistaken.

Matt is too busy building bows and guitars! Yes guitars as that is another McPherson business! :)

As for that Mathews attitude, that is just that particular person who happens to own one, I own a Mathews but could care less what another person shoots, as long as their an archer their cool with me! :wink:

shedhunter*
March 16th, 2008, 10:05 AM
The Mathews shop I go to sells Hoyt and Bear also:darkbeer:

rodney482
March 16th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Bass and Bucks pro shop in Wabash Indiana
is a top 100 seller for mathews and they also stock

hoyt
bowtech
diamond
elite
ross
pse
bear
parker

Greg Ingalls
March 16th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Must be a Hoyt and bowtech shop close. If not I would drop Mathews and carry the other two. Mathews make a good bow but at least at my shop Hoyt and bowtechs out sell Mathews.

LiteSpeed1
March 16th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Our local shop carries all those different brands.

137buck
March 16th, 2008, 10:51 AM
at the shop i go to they carry mathews, hoyt, bowtech, parker, bear, and i think there might be one other one there too. They just picked up the hoyt and bowtech lines because another dealer in the area went out of business and that opened up the area for another dealer to sell them.

bowhunter 1968
March 16th, 2008, 11:32 AM
My local shop carries hoyt,mathews,pse,bear,reflex,d iamond,mission,and bowtech. They droped ross and martin. Ross due to not being able to get bows:dontknow:: and Martin because of no sales(Martin doesn't really have a presance here):dontknow:. Kinda of sucks cause I really wanted to see the new firecat in person:cry:

J-Daddy
March 16th, 2008, 11:57 AM
I've been in ALOT of shops that carry Mathews but still sell Hoyt, Martin, Bowtech, Bear and other brands...I think your dealer is feeding you a line of bull.

Jeff K in IL
March 16th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Good rumors...

Any shop that just carries Mathews is by choice, and nothing else.

rutnstrut
March 16th, 2008, 12:41 PM
The shop I go to has Mathews,Hoyt,Bowtech,PSE,Ross, Bear,and some traditional bows.

Stanley
March 16th, 2008, 01:05 PM
You've been hood winked.

BCBhunter
March 16th, 2008, 01:16 PM
My shop has Mathews, Bowtech, Bear....you've been played.

buckeyboy
March 16th, 2008, 01:25 PM
The smaller shops mathews wants them to carry mathews only .. the larger shops can get away with telling them to jump in a lake,, two shop here I know the owners and they were told their mathews dealership would be gone if they carried other brands.. One still carries mathews only the other one has every brand but mathews..

lpdoghunter
March 16th, 2008, 01:38 PM
The shop I help out at has Mathews Hoyt Bowtech Bear PSE Diamound Misson. I dont know if Mathews had done this to other shops or not. We sell 90% mathews on high end bow. We dont push them they just sell there selfs out here.

lungbuster601
March 16th, 2008, 02:11 PM
The shop I use has Mathews, Bowtech, Diamond, Hoyt and Bear. I don't know how they do it where your from, but they go by distance here. If there is only one shop in a certain radius, they will have all brands. If there is more than one, they might have one or two brands.

Boonie_Hunter
March 16th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Not true. There is a shop around here that is Bowtech and Mathews and another that is Mathews and Hoyt.

Greg Krause
March 16th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Good rumors...

Any shop that just carries Mathews is by choice, and nothing else.

Not true, but it has nothing to do with Mathews. Hoyt or Bowtech may already have dealers in the area or not want this shop to carry their brand for another reason. I have seen lines pulled from shops before because the shop was incompetent(not saying this is the case here)