PDA

View Full Version : Cuddeback

mferman
March 23rd, 2008, 08:04 PM
Cuddebacks are drastically reduced at trailcampro.com
No Flash is $294 - $155 off regular price. Any ideas why they are marked down so much. Just wondering if Cuddeback is coming out with something new or there are perhaps the older 2006 models with battery problems?

Any ideas?

WVHoyt
March 24th, 2008, 07:36 AM
The cameras are junk IMO. I had nothing but problems from mine. My friend also went through 4 of them with not one working right.

baz77
March 24th, 2008, 09:09 AM
I had an excite and loved it never had any problems :wink:

I read somewhere that they are lowing the price of the Cuddebacks to be a little more competitive with the other company's. Might just have been a rumor though :confused:

silver_yummies
March 24th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Because MOULTRIE is kicking Cudde's butt lately in sales! Their products arent worth what they sell them for. Maybe 5 years ago when they had little competition but now stealth and moultrie have stepped up their efforts to compete with new technology. Cudde finally realizes they are not at the top of the game anymore.

WVHoyt
March 24th, 2008, 02:42 PM
My experience is only with the no-flash.

wihunter402
March 24th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I HAD a cuddeback. The thing was junk and their customer service was total crap. I have 2 of the Moultrie I40's for less then I spent on the one cudde. Do yourself a favor and spend the money on ANYTHING else but NOT a cuddeback.

Death Blow
March 24th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I have a cudde excite with flash. I got it off Ebay for a little over $200. I have had no problems with it. I like it well enough. Maybe it's user error?:tongue:

mferman
March 25th, 2008, 08:58 AM
I have several of the Cuddebacks (No Flash & Expert) and the only problem I had was the 2006 version with the batteries. I have the Stealth Cam Prowler and like the No Flash much better. I missed pictures with the Prowler where the No Flash / Expert had them centered. I had real hit and miss success with the Leaf Rivers.

Jeff in SC
March 25th, 2008, 09:45 AM
I have a no flash, and have not had one problem with it! It takes great pics, and battery life is good.

WVHoyt
March 25th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I have a no flash, and have not had one problem with it! It takes great pics, and battery life is good.

Your in the minority.Hope you don't have the problems I've had with them.

archer2
March 25th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Because MOULTRIE is kicking Cudde's butt lately in sales! Their products arent worth what they sell them for. Maybe 5 years ago when they had little competition but now stealth and moultrie have stepped up their efforts to compete with new technology. Cudde finally realizes they are not at the top of the game anymore.

I agree with the above for sure!
I have 3 Cuddebacks 2 experts, and the older 3.0 version, and 2 I-40 Moultries. I would take an I-40 over any Cuddeback anyday.
The Cuddebacks are simply way over priced. The I-40 blows away the Cuddeback in terms of dollar for dollar value.

bsimmi07
April 24th, 2008, 01:23 PM
i have had nothing but awesome luck with cuddebacks own 4 of them never had a problem!

seancasey
April 24th, 2008, 02:28 PM
How about Bushnell? I have had one since christmas and it has done well. Just having trouble with battery life. I just bought an old cuddeback for $70.00. I am trying to get it going. I have to get some type of flash card for it. I need my pictures on an sd card though that way I can put them on my computer. Is there an adapter you can buy for them. Money is starting to add up though and I am thinking about reselling it.

Beamen123
April 24th, 2008, 02:56 PM
How about Bushnell? I have had one since christmas and it has done well. Just having trouble with battery life. I just bought an old cuddeback for $70.00. I am trying to get it going. I have to get some type of flash card for it. I need my pictures on an sd card though that way I can put them on my computer. Is there an adapter you can buy for them. Money is starting to add up though and I am thinking about reselling it.

You can buy an adapter that holds CF cards, SD, micro SD, SDHC, etc. for your computer. Just go out to your local wal-mart, Staples, or Circuit City and they'll have something for you.

Beamen123
April 24th, 2008, 02:58 PM
As most on here have said, I've had nothing but BAD luck with Cuddeback. My buddy has had 4 No Flashes and each and every one of them had to go back in for repairs. I've owned a No Flash and Excite as well and had problems with both of them too. I now have (3) Moultrie i40's and (1) Moultrie i60 and will not give them up for any other camera on the market. They are absolutely incredible cameras. Either way, good luck!

bowhuntnsteve
April 25th, 2008, 09:04 AM

Cudde made a statement at the end of last year saying they will be lowering their costs on the cameras. This wasn't a public statement but within the industry. Basically they had their cams jacked up, they rode their high for so long and kept their prices high while they were losing market share rapidly. So to even be competitve now they have to come down in price. To me, I don't feel their cameras are worth the price when I can get equal/better for less, even in a homebrew. Not too mention its kind of a slap in a face to their faithful that all of a sudden they are going to drop their shorts on pricing because they been rapping their buyers. Plus I have no respect for a company that bad mouths the competition and makes false commercials about their cameras with a guy who self promotes he is a camera expert but yet forgets to tell the general public he works for their conglomerate marketing company that owns cudde.

archer2
April 25th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Cuddeback has come out with new models for 2008. They are much lower in price, and according to them a much improved design.
I bought cameras the last time they so called improved their design in 2006 with the Experts. That improvement was a disaster.
They took the older 3.0 cameras which I thought was one of the best on the market in its day, and ruined the design with the Expert.

Time will tell if it repeats itself with their 2008 designs.

scrapejuice
April 25th, 2008, 02:21 PM
owned one of the 3.0. Real good camera. OWNED is the key word there. Got stolen this past Dec. I'd guess its in some sorry SOB's closet now, cause they can't figure out the password. I'd sure like to get it back. If I could find out who got it they or me would take an ARSE whooping. Something would definently happen.

I looked at the excite and no-flash, glad I didn't get one. Heard a lot of problems out of both. Instead got a Predator (which I like real well), and an I-40 which I just got in a couple of weeks ago.

HeartLunger5405
April 25th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Perhaps it's the awful fact that yet another American company who lost it core values and ethics and moved production overseas to produce higher profits and lower prices.

whitetailtv
April 25th, 2008, 03:16 PM
They are expensive, but Ryconex are by far the best camera period. There is nothing even close to them.

bowhuntnsteve
April 25th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Welcome to AT WhitetailTv

Which model Reconyx?
The RC-60 takes good day pix, but on the night time pix, there is slight degree of fuzziness to them, which for the money, you won't catch me spending. That is not the main factor why I wouldn't buy them, but my homebrews are quick enough for me and my Moultrie I-40s have pretty decent IR for the money. Dollar to dollar, I will go that route, especially if stolen, I am not out as much, plus I will have some change in my pocket to buy another 2 or 3 cams in replacement. Camera technology will get better year after year not too mention prices will drop as well except at first. but competition also drops the prices too.

Scrapejuice, that stinks it got ripped off, guess the 1 valid point is they will have to get a hold of Cudde to get it fixed & send it back in, then I am sure you made Cudde aware of, you should have your cam back due to the registration & security/warranty.

FEDIE316
April 26th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Cuddeback has come out with new models for 2008. They are much lower in price, and according to them a much improved design.
I bought cameras the last time they so called improved their design in 2006 with the Experts. That improvement was a disaster.
They took the older 3.0 cameras which I thought was one of the best on the market in its day, and ruined the design with the Expert.

Time will tell if it repeats itself with their 2008 designs.

I agree!