PDA

View Full Version : Cabelas Outdoor Shower Enclosure???

Jbird
April 6th, 2008, 10:21 AM
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0031110516873a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCHFEAT&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=Shower&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=Shower&noImage=0

Anyone bought one of these? How do you like it? Is there a hook in the top of the tent to hang one of the solar shower bags?
Thanks,
Jbird

soflanut
April 7th, 2008, 08:43 AM
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0031110516873a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCHFEAT&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=Shower&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=Shower&noImage=0

Anyone bought one of these? How do you like it? Is there a hook in the top of the tent to hang one of the solar shower bags?
Thanks,
Jbird

Ad states the shower is included.

SEAL Archer
May 22nd, 2008, 11:44 AM
I bought one and it is quite convenient. There is a hook to hang the supplied "Solar heated water bag", a mesh shelf to place "delicates" and a nylon shelf that can hold toiletries. The bottom of the shelf has a covered section to hold a roll of toilet paper and keep it dry. That said, the enclosure doubles as an outhouse, so you can bring a porta-potty along with you.

I personally have never liked the solar bag, except in an emergency...and have never found a camping emergency where I HAD to take a shower! To that end, I added a Zodi propane hot water heater to my camping arsenal. It takes a few "D"cell batteries and a propane bottle. But, unlike the solar bag, it has unlimited supply and the heat may be adjusted. I "cycle" the water from a receptacle (it comes with a carry box, but you can use buckets to bring water from a lake or river) until the entire supply is the temperature that is just right (Goldilocks reference).

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20075-cat20097&id=0006339516548a&navCount=5&podId=0006339&parentId=cat20097&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IJ&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20097&hasJS=true.

Dubya D
June 24th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Hunting camp in Utah. To keep it warm inside I used a small colman space heater. It works great. Ditch the solar shower and get the Zodi shower.
You will be suprised that you can take a nice hot shower with a gallon or less of water.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/wdement/10Uppercamp.jpg

Wishbone
June 27th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Hunting camp in Utah. To keep it warm inside I used a small colman space heater. It works great. Ditch the solar shower and get the Zodi shower.
You will be suprised that you can take a nice hot shower with a gallon or less of water.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/wdement/10Uppercamp.jpg

Thats gettin ' er done right there :wink: :darkbeer:

jfish
September 25th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Yes, I have one and it is a life saver on those long warmer than desired 5 day hunts. I use the bag but pour heated (Wood stove)water in it from the river. We'll throw a coleman lantern inside while waiting for the water to heat up and it make the place very comfortable even in the winter. Now running from the shower to the tent can be rather brisk but the shower is great..

The only thing I want to change is the hose from the bag. For me the bag hanging down is kinda in the way. I want to lengthen the hose and hang it outside abit higher. Then just run the hose in the top of the door or window and clip it to the top inside the tent. This is a simple adjustment that I think will make it even better.

JeffreySlayR
October 4th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Love mine.

I purchased a 4 D-cell water/shower pump. This pump has a Toe push button on it for easy off and on. It sits inside the shower on the floor, of course.

Drilled about a 1/4 in hole about 1 inch from the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket, in which you insert the 1/4 in water hose (long as you need it to be). The hose I use is about 12 feet long, as I leave the bucket outside of the shower. Heat the water on the camp stove. You don't have to heat all 5 gallons, as boiling water will bring 3 gallons of cool water to a nice temp. We have found that five gallons is plenty for two generous showers.

All the hose, pump, shower goodies, etc, stores in side the bucket during off season.

Also use a propane heater inside for added comfort.

116Buck
October 13th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Love mine.

I purchased a 4 D-cell water/shower pump. This pump has a Toe push button on it for easy off and on. It sits inside the shower on the floor, of course.

Drilled about a 1/4 in hole about 1 inch from the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket, in which you insert the 1/4 in water hose (long as you need it to be). The hose I use is about 12 feet long, as I leave the bucket outside of the shower. Heat the water on the camp stove. You don't have to heat all 5 gallons, as boiling water will bring 3 gallons of cool water to a nice temp. We have found that five gallons is plenty for two generous showers.

All the hose, pump, shower goodies, etc, stores in side the bucket during off season.

Also use a propane heater inside for added comfort.

Where did you buy the water/shower pump?