PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Turkey Season

mocheese
April 17th, 2008, 03:45 AM
It's right around the corner. Who's ready? Hope to get my first with a bow this year. Been out listening a few times and heard all kinds of birds. Who else is getting pumped for the Ohio Turkey season. I can't wait:)

buck-n-nuts
April 17th, 2008, 05:19 AM
I'm ready!!
I will be out with my son for the youth hunt this weekend and then i will be after them.I have the whole second week off work.
New decoys and a new bow this year,It's a sure thing right.........:wink:

krazyracer
April 17th, 2008, 06:23 AM
live in n.w. ohio not alot around here,its 5:15 am and im getting ready to leave to go find some.

mocheese
April 17th, 2008, 06:27 AM
I'll also be taking my boy out this weekend, I'm at work right now and going to go out and listen for some. Can't hunt where I'll be but heck I'm at work and nothing going on so might as well get out and listen. It just gets me fired up.

strut-n-rut
April 17th, 2008, 06:29 AM
i have already had a successful season i took a handicap gentleman out this past weekend on a wheeling sportsmanturkey hunt and he harvested a 21 1/2 lb ,10 1/2 beard and 1 13/16 spurs but ill still be out this weekend for my sons first hunt and gettin ready for my season

Tecumseh
April 17th, 2008, 08:01 AM
I'm looking forward to get out there with my uncle and I. Hope for both of us take an ole' Tom with a bow. I have a movie of a turkey hunt him and I was on several years ago. It was alot of fun. Shroom hunting should be good this year too!

czeger
April 17th, 2008, 09:17 PM
got monday-wedsnay off im pumped

LowTrunkOzz
April 18th, 2008, 12:50 AM
i'm ready, the anticipation is killing me! and knowing that I'm going to be worn out from work all week and building my deck this weekend....but it's the price you pay to play, right?! oh yeah, and I've got to be shotgunning because I'm STILL getting the run around on my arrows....

nate

Tecumseh
April 23rd, 2008, 07:38 PM
Well, you Turkey Hunters here's my first 2008 Ohio Gobbler took today. ...about my 8th bow kill. I shot him coming in at a slight angle chasing a Jake that was running towards my calls. I penetrated the older 'Tom low in the neck/crop area missing the beard and it punched out the opposite (right) backside by his drum stick. I even missed cutting into the breast meat. He was coming across a bench on a slight down sloping hill, wooded with Cedar, Redbud, Dogwood and hardwood trees. As i mentioned, he was on the heels of a Jake and the Jake got lucky today. :wink: This Gobbler was about 1-1/2 year old with 1" spurs, 20# and a 10-1/4" beard. Took him down at 9:05 AM. This shot scared me. I shot him at about 15-20 yards, I heard the arrow hit but it looked like I hit him in the leg. He flew straight up over some hardwoods and slammed right into the very top of a tall Cedar. I then lost sight. He was down hill at about 50 yards. The 410 grain A/C/C punched all the way threw and landed about 10 yards beyond.

My Uncle Tom (no pun intended) and I had a very exciting day. Earlier in the morning we had a solo Gobbler come in but was skittish. Just didn't present himself in a good way to harvest. Had some hens come in ticked off on my calling. So much excitment. We finished in the afternoon having some reminiscing times thinking of my late brother (his nephew) and his love for Turkey Hunting. Those that knew Cliff can relate to his love for Turkey and Morel Mushroom hunting. ...remembering the ole' Cliff grin when himself or one of his friends or family had a successful hunt or outing even if we did come home empty handed, we had a memories and hearts full. He is truely missed by those that love him.

I hope you enjoyed the brief story and picture. Good luck to all and I hope you have a season that begets forever lasting memories. Be safe and may the all mighty (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) shine down on you.

Sincerely, Tec

PA_ENGR
April 23rd, 2008, 08:17 PM
Well, you Turkey Hunters here's my first 2008 Ohio Gobbler took today. ...about my 8th bow kill. I shot him coming in at a slight angle chasing a Jake that was running towards my calls. I penetrated the older 'Tom low in the neck/crop area missing the beard and it punched out the opposite (right) backside by his drum stick. I even missed cutting into the breast meat. He was coming across a bench on a slight down sloping hill, wooded with Cedar, Redbud, Dogwood and hardwood trees. As i mentioned, he was on the heels of a Jake and the Jake got lucky today. :wink: This Gobbler was about 1-1/2 year old with 1" spurs, 20# and a 10-1/4" beard. Took him down at 9:05 AM. This shot scared me. I shot him at about 15-20 yards, I heard the arrow hit but it looked like I hit him in the leg. He flew straight up over some hardwoods and slammed right into the very top of a tall Cedar. I then lost sight. He was down hill at about 50 yards. The 410 grain A/C/C punched all the way threw and landed about 10 yards beyond.

My Uncle Tom (no pun intended) and I had a very exciting day. Earlier in the morning we had a solo Gobbler come in but was skittish. Just didn't present himself in a good way to harvest. Had some hens come in ticked off on my calling. So much excitment. We finished in the afternoon having some reminiscing times thinking of my late brother (his nephew) and his love for Turkey Hunting. Those that knew Cliff can relate to his love for Turkey and Morel Mushroom hunting. ...remembering the ole' Cliff grin when himself or one of his friends or family had a successful hunt or outing even if we did come home empty handed, we had a memories and hearts full. He is truely missed by those that love him.

I hope you enjoyed the brief story and picture. Good luck to all and I hope you have a season that begets forever lasting memories. Be safe and may the all mighty (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) shine down on you.

Sincerely, Tec

Nice Turkey and Story. Sorry to hear about your loss.