PDA

View Full Version : Magnus Stingers

IDABOW
May 3rd, 2008, 11:33 PM
Wow! I bought 9, 100 grn. 4, blade Stingers today. These heads are tight! They spin so well they make my Gold Tip Xt's look straight!

I screwed them on my worst, out of round shafts, (XT's) and they spin better than they do with field points. Needless to say on my Epics they are perfection!

When the 40 mph winds die down I'll grab the Yellow Jacket and see how well it likes getting "stung"! My Muzzy 3 blades are now coyote / ground hog heads.

txcookie
May 3rd, 2008, 11:37 PM
stingers are good:darkbeer:

Protecsafari
May 3rd, 2008, 11:39 PM
I had some 4 blade 125grs and they flew great out of my Blackwidow and Hoyt Protec bows (both using GT 55/75's with helical feather fletch).

I don't know if mine were from an iffy batch or what, but I shot 2 deer and one of them required a coup de grace, so I had 3 shots and on all 3 the ferrules cracked at the bleeder.

They were straight, but when I undid the screw they chunked out.

They in effect on game were "one shots". Yes they all hit some bone, but only one hit anything major.

All cracked ferrules were from my Hoyt's shots, they came out at 272 FPS, and were pretty close (under 10 yards) .....excluding the 35 yard spine shot
(tried to duck it).

So.............they're a good head, but not as tough as I thought they'd be.

I never had a problem with breakage on the 2 blade models.

Kobalt62
May 4th, 2008, 12:01 AM
The only issues I ever had was after the shot when the blades would offset themselves (4 blade models) but that was easy to solve by loosening the set screw , adjusting and then re-tightening.
I loved the 2 set screw ferrules but it seems that they have gone the way of the dinosaur.
The double set screw was near impossible to knock out of alignment.

Tarheeler
May 4th, 2008, 02:15 AM
I had some 4 blade 125grs and they flew great out of my Blackwidow and Hoyt Protec bows (both using GT 55/75's with helical feather fletch).

I don't know if mine were from an iffy batch or what, but I shot 2 deer and one of them required a coup de grace, so I had 3 shots and on all 3 the ferrules cracked at the bleeder.

They were straight, but when I undid the screw they chunked out.

They in effect on game were "one shots". Yes they all hit some bone, but only one hit anything major.

All cracked ferrules were from my Hoyt's shots, they came out at 272 FPS, and were pretty close (under 10 yards) .....excluding the 35 yard spine shot
(tried to duck it).

So.............they're a good head, but not as tough as I thought they'd be.

I never had a problem with breakage on the 2 blade models.

lifetime guarentee? ain t they:wink: