PDA

View Full Version : Laugh or Cry, That is the Question...

Twisted Canuck
July 25th, 2008, 12:32 PM
The English have a way of writing things....The following article in the London Times is a case in point. I'm still waiting for Him to Walk on Water....:rolleyes:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/gerard_baker/article4392846.ece

sj_lutz
July 25th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Does laughing so hard my eyes watered count???

BUCKSTER
July 25th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Twisted......you know how I love sarcasm.....that was so well written that it surely spoke to me....:)

as a boil coming to the head and puss oozing from it so did the sarcasm dripping from the authors words

:wink::)

Twisted Canuck
July 25th, 2008, 07:48 PM
For sure, nothing like a sarcasm that just sloowwwwwly drippppps down. That is the English way. Too bad they don't know how to make a proper sandwich.:wink:

sj_lutz
July 26th, 2008, 12:07 AM
That's a dicey point. I had the pleasure of living on the godforsaken rock in North Atlantic (sarcasm intended) which Stargazer calls home; for 3 years back in my younger dayes. North Yorkshire (which if you've been there explains the godforsaken bit). While there, I found that a ploughman's lunch, while not a sammie persay, was pretty doggone difficult to beat, and puts what you'll find in a Subway to shame.

Twisted Canuck
July 26th, 2008, 12:52 AM
The PMan's lunch is very good, for sure, but those guys must burn more calories plowing than I can at work, because if I ate one of those everyday I'd weigh about 25 stone..... But they still can't make a decent sandwich....:)