PDA

View Full Version : kansas hunting

ibraaheem7
November 20th, 2008, 01:56 AM
where can i hunt in kansas for an outfitter that wont rob me for my money? I live here and cant find one reasonable in other places you can find deals like you pay less if you dont get anything.

stringtown
November 20th, 2008, 10:45 AM
i've hunted w/ a great outfitter in kansas before for both turkey and deer. great guy and family, great food and place to stay, and really big deer. it is expensive though when compared to other states and he does not give you your money back if you don't kill anything. let me know if you are interested and i'll send you his link.

ibraaheem7
November 20th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I live in north east kansas and the public lands are great but wanted to go out with a guide since only been hunting for a little over a year if you could please send me the link

hntnksn
November 20th, 2008, 09:01 PM
well the money back GUARANTEE. would make me run away. if anyone guarantees you a deer. i'd be very leary...imo

3 outfitter/guides i recommend:
myself
BradH from this site
republican valley outfitters

ibraaheem7
November 21st, 2008, 03:58 AM
Sorry, not trying to offend, I am definitely interested in a hunt. I'm just new to hunting, I've only been doing this for just over a year now.

I know that outfitters do a lot of work behind the scenes to set up a good hunt in order to provide the opportunity for the memory of a lifetime.

What I was talking about was ads that I have seen where they advertise 2 different prices. One is for food and lodging, and then there is a different price if you actually take a deer home.

The whole reason I put this out there is that a local outfitter quoted me $450 for 1 day, not including food or lodging. That is just the price for the guide, no matter if I get a deer or not.

Is this a normal price range, do I just need to be prepared to pay such a price if I want a guided hunt? As I said, I'm new to this, so please let me know if there are any outfitters that provide what I'm looking for.

Also, as I mentioned I am interested in a hunt, so can you please quote me your price? I look forward to hearing from you.

stringtown
November 21st, 2008, 11:09 AM
http://www.midwestoutfittersinc.com/

really big deer and really good guy. knows what he is doing and the food is worth the trip. his prices are probably higher than some but he does that so he can take a limited amount of hunters and still make a living.

180Outdoors
February 2nd, 2009, 09:18 PM
I have on Outfitting business in South Eastern Kansas probably 2 1/2 hurs South of Kansas City. I normally do semi-guided hunts for $2500. Depending on when you wanted to hunt and with what weapon. I could take you on a shorter (one on one) hunt. I would recommend coming down for a weekend and I will show you around.

razortec 0001
February 2nd, 2009, 10:46 PM
K&K outfitters.

BOW4UM
March 1st, 2009, 03:35 PM
where can i hunt in kansas for an outfitter that wont rob me for my money? I live here and cant find one reasonable in other places you can find deals like you pay less if you dont get anything.

Try this guy if you go early (Oct-1st week Nov) you may hunt for many additional days. Lots of deer in the 130's and a few 150's, hunt the Ferrell ranch. Tell him James from VA sent you.
Miles Willhite at Little Walnut Outfitters (c) 316-250-2892. I can help you with locations, spots, maps... as I flew over the farm when I and had a great trip passed tons of deer Killed a 135" (after letting bigger go) and my friend let a few 150's walk. I have video of deer that walked under me. Good semi-guide type of hunt. You will do best if two guys. This is in the Flint Hills of KS SE. PM me if you need add info.

jeffnvegas
April 26th, 2009, 03:43 PM
hey guys, i use Cabela's T.A.G.S app service and have an e-mail out to them for some exact info on where they are putting me in for. my criteria was for a shot at a good whitetail during the rut and the only thing they said was west central Kansas so i don't know which particular unit. are there any good outfitters with reasonable prices who set up hunts both ways, with/without food and lodging and just where are the best areas or best tags in this area?

12-Ringer
April 26th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Give Rich and Maggie a call (PM) you won't regret it!

JOSHM
April 29th, 2009, 05:25 PM
+1 very good guy, just got home from here, awesome place and awesome hunting!
Give Rich and Maggie a call (PM) you won't regret it!

jeffnvegas
June 28th, 2009, 07:37 PM
okay who are Rich and Maggie??

hntnksn
June 28th, 2009, 10:06 PM
okay who are Rich and Maggie??

that is my wife and myself..............:darkbeer:

stringtown
July 13th, 2009, 05:17 PM
hntnksn - check your pm. need some info.

highland ridge
August 26th, 2009, 12:02 AM

hi my name is brad czapanskiy. i have started highland ridge outfitters in cloud county ks. trying to fill my calander for 2009 bow season. if interested would like to here from you