PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still hunting?

Idabowhntr
December 4th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Heading up for a late mulie archery hunt in an hour or so, anyone else out there still at it?

twisted1600
December 16th, 2008, 11:29 PM
A late reply here!
No, took a little forky during rifle.
How'd you do?

Idabowhntr
December 17th, 2008, 02:29 AM
Not too bad this year. Took my bull moose, a whitetail doe, 4pt buck and still have a NR general tag left which goes until the end of the month.

hunter83
December 17th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Late muzzle loader opens up for us next monday and the Archery season also opens back up. I still have a bow tag and a muzzle loader tag and I have from Dec. 24 to Jan. 5 off from work. If the shotgunners didn't scare everything away I'll be out.

bullelk1
December 17th, 2008, 10:29 PM
How about pics and a story on your moose? Didn't know you got one. Major congratulations!!! What unit?

bullelk1
December 17th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Mike, just found a pic of your moose. Nice bull!!!

Idabowhntr
December 18th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Thanks Bullelk, Got him in 63-A. Pretty cool hunt, saw him the evening before on an island with a cow and almost got him. Boated in there the next morning and grunted him into 12feet. Waited until he got about ten yards away and drew. He only went about 80-100 yards. If you haven't got yours yet you ought to try that unit and I'll help you out. Draw odds are pretty good.

bow_hunter44
December 20th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Here is a pic of the goat I got this year. I had this goat at 65 yards with my bow, but did not take the shot - too far away. Then came a big snow storm that screwed everything up. It took six trips to the high country after the storm to see another goat. Luckily it was the same goat I had been hunting...

Idabowhntr
December 20th, 2008, 11:21 AM
That's a beautiful picture and a great looking goat. His base look huge. Are you going to full body mount him? I love how they look on a rock full body mounted. Congrats on an awesome goat. Looks like you needed to be a rock climber to get to him.

Brock-ID
December 20th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Great Goat. Congratulations!

bullelk1
December 20th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Nice goat. He will make a great mount. Mike, I already killed a moose, but I sure appreciate the offer. I got mine in unit 69 back in 2000. First time I applied for a tag.

twisted1600
December 22nd, 2008, 02:10 AM
Nice goat and a beautiful photo! Congrates on both.

Idaho Bison
December 29th, 2008, 03:39 AM
I hunted the late season up in the Panhandle. The weather moved them out of where I was hunting and I didn't see much. I was hunting in knee deep snow or deeper most of the time. It closed on December 23rd so I'm done now.

Idabowhntr
December 29th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I know what you mean hunting in knee deep snow or deeper, that will wear you out quick. I'm done as well, season ends on the 31st but I've had enough. Guess we'll have to find something else to do now.

bow_hunter44
December 29th, 2008, 11:51 AM
That's a beautiful picture and a great looking goat. His base look huge. Are you going to full body mount him? I love how they look on a rock full body mounted. Congrats on an awesome goat. Looks like you needed to be a rock climber to get to him.

I am going to have a full body mount done on the goat. I have seen shoulder mounts done on goats, but I don't really like them. Full body mounts on the other hands are awesome. The hair on this goat is awesome! My hunting partner the day I got the goat is quite the photographer. Setting up the photo in this thread was an event. But the picture did turn out real nice. It took five hours to hike to the goat after leaving the four wheelers! When it was all said and done, getting there was the easy part! Packing out the full cape and the quartered up goat, whew.... that was a killer!

sawtoothscream
December 29th, 2008, 12:08 PM
deers done squirrel begins. got a new pellet guin that shoots 1200 fps. there going done and getting fried.

twisted1600
January 4th, 2009, 02:26 PM
I am going to have a full body mount done on the goat. I have seen shoulder mounts done on goats, but I don't really like them. Full body mounts on the other hands are awesome. The hair on this goat is awesome! My hunting partner the day I got the goat is quite the photographer. Setting up the photo in this thread was an event. But the picture did turn out real nice. It took five hours to hike to the goat after leaving the four wheelers! When it was all said and done, getting there was the easy part! Packing out the full cape and the quartered up goat, whew.... that was a killer!

One trip hopefully!

bow_hunter44
January 7th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Yeah, one trip. Three days in a row to goat country, the second of which packing a LOAD out would have put me in the grave!

Spot and Stalk
March 1st, 2009, 01:55 AM
bow hunter44,

That is an incredible photo and beautiful goat. I was blessed to draw and harvest my Shiras Moose this yr in the Swan Valley/Palisades area and I'm putting in for Mt Goat this season.

Congrats,
SNS

Idabowhntr
March 2nd, 2009, 06:31 PM
Hey SNS let's see your moose. Did you get him with your bow? I drew this past fall as well and was fortunate to take a nice bull too.

bullelk1
March 2nd, 2009, 09:42 PM
Lets get some moose pics up, boys!