Archery Talk Forum banner

The Best Carry in/out hang on stand????

9K views 39 replies 35 participants last post by  eyebrowcounter 
#1 ·
What is the best hang on stand to carry in/out. I am looking for a stand that I can leave the hanging strap in the tree (multiple locations) and use only 1 stand. I have used a lone wolf sit and climb, but I sold the climber. I got tired of getting busted by deer seeing me because I stuck out like sore thumb. I want a stand to get up in some branches and cover. I am leaning towards a lone wolf assault. The price is reasonable and the straps are only like $12. The only other stands I know of that can have hanging straps you leave in the trees is Chippewa wedge-loc. They are a little too pricey for. My question is, are there other manufacturers that make a similar set-up I am looking for??? Thanks for any advice.

#2 ·
IMO, none that are made today. The two best I have ever used were Lok-On and Warren and Sweat. I still have some of each and nothing on the market today is a light, quiet as either of them.

#21 ·
+1 I totally agree with you on the Windwalker. I have a couple of the old ones that Dick Idol produced. The new ones are nice too. They are just a tad larger than the old ones. Now there are more comfortable stands out there but they weigh a little more and aren't as easy to hang. I hunt only from loc on type stands and like to be mobile. I have several different stand for different cicumstances. Here is my take on them

1. All round best is the Windwalker. Small, lightweight and easy to hang. Only draw backs are not as comfortable as some and can't put the in a real crooked tree.

2. Most comfortable is the Millenium. You can set in that thing all day and even take a nap in it. Plenty of room on them. Not to hard to hang but are big and a little heavy to carry. Can't hang them on the crooked trees either.

3. Most versitale is the Climax. Solid as a rock, pretty comfortable and will hang in virtually any tree, leaning crooked what ever. Draw backs are they are pretty heavy and a little harder to hang than the windwalker.

4. I also have a couple of the Buckfinders, Which are no longer made. They are very good stands made to fit in very crooked trees. They will hang in anything and are not real hard to hang. Comfortable and roomy. wish I could still get them

#5 ·
I hunt the exact way your describing. get a lone wolf alpha hang on.leave the straps (you can buy the for $12.00) in the tree use a ratchet strap around the bottom of the stand for extra security.extremely portable and get yourself of the climbing sticks for quick setups.

#10 ·
the summit copperhead seems to be in the family of stands I am looking for. Now that you pointed in that direction I'll have to do some research about it.

#12 ·
I have a couple of loggy bayou stands that have a strap and bracket you can leave in the tree of you want. Seems like they where called the Monarch, but I am not gonna swear to it. Not sure if they still make them or not. Light weight, quiet, and have a foot rest.

I'd like to have a LW assault and the LW sticks, but dang they are high.

#22 ·
I checked out the muddy. it looks like a good stand, but I dont' think it has the portability I am looking for. It is more of the type u strap on and leave there. I am leaning more and more towards the Lone Wolf.

#24 ·
If the LW assault grips the tree the way the LW sit and climb does then I am going with the LW assault. The platform on the sit and climb is the most rock solid stand I have ever been in.

#25 ·
If I'm understanding you right, I'm not a treestand guy at all, I think could really make use of the Cabela's ez hang.

Its got a small lightweight little bracket the stand sits in. Strap that to the tree and your stand just slides right in. When you leave, stand comes right out and you can take it with you.

A friend of mine uses one and he's had it forever so I know they're dependable. Plus the brackets look like they could easily be made yourself with some square stock. I looked em up awhile back and seems to me the stand and the brackets are reasonably priced.

#26 · (Edited)
Hi,

I've been using my new Chippewa Quest for the past week and it's by far the best hang-on I've ever used. Now, to be fair, I've never used a Lone Wolf, which I hear/read great things about all the time. And it's not like I have experience with a dozen other brands, but I have used a few.

I just can't imagine it getting better than Chippewa. It's not the cheapest stand out there. But MAN, it's light and sets up in a flash... it can't BE any faster. It's very solid in the tree and QUIET. I love the thing and can't wait to plan my season around it next year.

http://chippewawedgeloc.com/html/modelquest.html

I did order mine with the larger 10" x 12" seat, which I'm glad I did. I also bought the foot rest, which is great. It's an awesome design. Call the number, nice lady, or send them an email for the free DVD.

-Witty

#27 ·
I like my lone wolf alpha (wish i had an assault - anyone want to trade?). I carry it in with 4 LW sticks. It gets me up about 20-25 ft. i like to hunt high on flat land, and really high on the side of a hill. I have the backpack straps pretty loose and just put it on after i have my badlands ultraday on. its great. the pack has that hypervent system to keep my back from sweating and helps support some of the weight of the LW. I can go in pretty far with it. great for hunting public land when you don't always know where you will be able to go (if someone is in the spot i want to hunt). the hooks are pretty easy to use and it sets up fast. I am getting it down where I am not much slower with it (setting up the sticks and all) than with my climber and it gets me in just about any tree

#28 ·
The Lone Wolf Alpha hang on is light, packs nicely and easy to hang but the thing is horrible to sit in all day. Fix the seat and it will be a winner!

The Millennium is light hangs easily does not pack very good but has hands down the most comfortable seat. The seat comes out to far on the platform making it difficult to get out of.

If you could take the comfort of the Millennium and the portability of the Lone Wolf you would be set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.