PDA

View Full Version : Dick's sporting goods...

NVR4GT3
December 26th, 2008, 07:20 AM
I've heard that you can stumble across some incredible sales on treestands, etc... this time of year at Dick's. Just wondering if anyone could tell me when they generally start their clearance sales?

RCL
December 26th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Bout a month ago..........:noidea:

GTO63
December 26th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Here in Ohio they have already started marking down all of there stands, climbers, sticks, going today to buy me a few

richardh8700
December 26th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Yes sir thatis is true, they sell a lot of hunting gear at some great prices. I like to swing by once a week this time of year to see what new items are on sale.

buckeye_girl
December 26th, 2008, 08:24 AM
I was over at our local one on Christmas Eve and the sales were amazing. If I didn't have to buy for other people I would have snapped up a few deals. They had a tree stand (cannot remember the name) ladder, and blind that went around it for $39.00!!!!!! Yeah I know I'm an idiot for not getting it. During my lunch break today I'm heading over to see if any are left or still on sale. I will get some pricing for you while I'm there.

Their blinds, I've seen the same pricing throughout the year so I doubt it's worth running out today to get one.

jemedm
December 26th, 2008, 08:45 AM
They start early but about a week after the season has ended in your area, they will be truly marked down.

redwingsdude
December 26th, 2008, 10:19 AM
I work at a Dicks here in Michigan, I don't know if the other stores are different, but there are a few keys to getting good deals that I've picked up.

Throughout the season, sales will run in the paper, usually 25% off treestands and sometimes ground blinds. If it is a sale, the prices will end in ".98" instead of ".99" If you wait until after the season, the stands which there are very few of will be marked on clearance with a ".97", this will be the lowest price. You will have to wait until after the season to get the best deals.

Also, look for the clearance sales on clothing. Twice this past month the local Dick's have had 50% off all insulated or scent-elimination apparel. This included items already on clearance. They will also try to get rid of last years leftovers during the spring and summer, items that wont sell at clearance price will often eventually get marked down 50% off that, then possibly 75%. I've bought scent-blocker pants for $45 before.

Sagittarius
December 26th, 2008, 10:20 AM
From now until they're sold out !
Got a great buy on a ladder stand at Dick's last year. :thumbs_up

PAstringking
December 26th, 2008, 10:26 AM
the ladder stands are down to $48 here. we always pick up 1 or 2 a year.

Skeptic
December 26th, 2008, 10:38 AM
If you have Rural King in your area check them out. $40 ladder stands here and I think they have $15 hang ons on their website.

slaz
December 26th, 2008, 12:00 PM
bought two hang on stands, one ladder stand, and one set of climbing sticks, from dicks this year.

redruff
December 26th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Yes sir thatis is true, they sell a lot of hunting gear at some great prices. I like to swing by once a week this time of year to see what new items are on sale.

Ditto...
But don't forget places like fleet farm and menard's.

Here is why...Dick's had great prices on the climbing sticks at the end of the year. BUT they were the super cheap ones with steps that alternated...

Menard's had the same size, same price but with steps on both sides..
Very nice in the dark!