PDA

View Full Version : nwa area??

macebewley
January 9th, 2009, 03:58 PM
hey all! anyone live in the nwa area?? me and the family are moving there this summer and i was planning on hunting at hobbs. any advice would be appreciated.

wanagitadeer
January 28th, 2009, 08:17 PM
I live pretty close to Hobbs, about a 25 to 30 minutes. There has been alot of good deer taken their so I have heard. There is also supposed to be a bow section only that holds some big o bucks but I have never made it out that way yet.

Good Luck

jna329
February 9th, 2009, 12:03 PM
here is an early welcome to the area. Hobbs is pretty good. lots of land and you might also look at wedington. not as much land but been some decent deer taken last couple yrs.

fitz270
March 1st, 2009, 09:24 PM
I live in Charleston, it is about a hour and a half south of there, but there are plenty of places to hunt around nwa I have hunted most of them. You could hunt weddington it is only about 5 minutes west of fayettvile, Hobbs is only a few minutes east of Rogers, but my favorite is madison county. It would be about 40 minutes from Rogers Springdale or Fayettville and it hasn't had quiet as much pressure as the others since its a little further drive. There have been some big deer taken off of all three. You can also put in for the Kansas draw, its only a hour and a half to some good public hunting in Kansas.

GoneUser1
March 2nd, 2009, 09:35 AM
here is an early welcome to the area. Hobbs is pretty good. lots of land and you might also look at wedington. not as much land but been some decent deer taken last couple yrs.

i agree. wedington is better. but there are a few deer on hobbs. you can also go south and hunt natioanal forest. which isnt as good as the other two