Archery Talk Forum banner

Bowtech In Iraq

677 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Southern Boy 
#1 ·
Hello From Iraq.

I am stationed at a Combat outpost in Iraq and I just purchased the Guardian from Bowtech as they offer a pretty sweet deal for the deployed Military.

We have a shooting Block and the basics to basically pull off some archery practice and tuning.

My bow came with a 5 pin tru-glo and I just switched it out with a Trophy Ridge 5 pin Micro V 5, with vertical pins. I use a 1/4 inch peep with a tube.

I have a few guys in my unit who have been shooting and tuning bows for years and have managed to do a pretty decent job at getting me set up.

I have paper tuned with pretty good results and am in the process of adjusting my sight.

My concern is, as with the other 7 guys who have ordered the same bow with me is all of our sights are lowered to the absolute max. I have absolutely zero room for adjustment to bring my arrow up. At 20 yds I am hitting about 4 to 6 inches low.

I do realize, as an amatuer archer a good majority is my form, it's just that all of us have bottomed out our sights.

Is there any suggestions that you guys can offer me. When I am off of mission I love to shoot and it's an awesome activity.

My bow specs are:
draw length: 28
draw weight: 70
speed: 296
arrows: Gold Tip xt (cut to length)
Sight: Trophy Ridge micro v5
Rest: octane rest
Release: scott

I'm sure I'm leaving a bunch of needed info to make an accurate assessment of my issue, but it's all I for sure know.

Thanks so much for the help!
Take care all,
Mike

See less See more
#2 ·
hello from iraq.

I am stationed at a combat outpost in iraq and i just purchased the guardian from bowtech as they offer a pretty sweet deal for the deployed military.

We have a shooting block and the basics to basically pull off some archery practice and tuning.

My bow came with a 5 pin tru-glo and i just switched it out with a trophy ridge 5 pin micro v 5, with vertical pins. I use a 1/4 inch peep with a tube.

I have a few guys in my unit who have been shooting and tuning bows for years and have managed to do a pretty decent job at getting me set up.

I have paper tuned with pretty good results and am in the process of adjusting my sight.

My concern is, as with the other 7 guys who have ordered the same bow with me is all of our sights are lowered to the absolute max. I have absolutely zero room for adjustment to bring my arrow up. At 20 yds i am hitting about 4 to 6 inches low.

I do realize, as an amatuer archer a good majority is my form, it's just that all of us have bottomed out our sights.

Is there any suggestions that you guys can offer me. When i am off of mission i love to shoot and it's an awesome activity.

My bow specs are:
Draw length: 28
draw weight: 70
speed: 296
arrows: Gold tip xt (cut to length)
sight: Trophy ridge micro v5
rest: Octane rest
release: Scott

i'm sure i'm leaving a bunch of needed info to make an accurate assessment of my issue, but it's all i for sure know.

Thanks so much for the help!
Take care all,
mike
just a quick note.....thank you...thank you for serving our country ....be safe....you and among others....god bless

#3 ·
Good to hear from you.
I have over 40 months worth of deployments over in Iraq and Bowtech has done nothing but great things for me as well. :darkbeer:

Keep your head down and God Speed brother.

PM me bro, I will try to help ya out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.