Archery Talk Forum banner

tiller

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  jmvaughn06 
#1 ·
is tiller a issue with single cam bows

#2 · (Edited)
Well yeah! But on a single cam bow you would run a straight edge against the axles, not off of the string. It should be measured from the base of the limbs (where the limb and riser meet) at a 90 degree angle to your straight edge off of the axles. Measure and adjust... Repeat...

#5 ·
When you have some time try adjusting the tiller after marking the bolts so you can return to the original setting. Make sure to shoot enough arrows after each adjustment so you get a sure feel for how it changes the "balance". 1/4 turn at a time is sufficient. You may find a point where the bow "holds" better on target.

#8 ·
On a single cam bow can anyone elaborate on the effects of turning the limb bolts in or out have on tiller measurements? I know on 2-cam bows turning the top limb bolt in affects the top tiller measurement one way and the bottom measurement the opposite way, if i remember correctly. I just can't remember which. Is it the same for single cam set ups? Thanks.
Rick

#9 ·
I'm kinda new to the tuning thing as well, and I have a single cam PSE and ran into the same tillering issue. I read that if you turn the top bolt out say a half to quarter turn you need to turn the bottom one in a half to quarter turn. When you turn the top in or out you need to adjust the bottom the same amount just in the opposite direction. Now this was what I read and it got mine near perfect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.