Archery Talk Forum banner

Help!Arrow rest install...

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  camerongood 
#1 ·
Just got my first bow(Bowtech Guardian) ,and I'm having trouble putting on my rest. When I go to tighten the screw in the riser, it seems like it is stripping the threads.The allen seems like it is alot harder to turn than should be.The rest is a spot hogg whammy. I tried a few times, dont want to mess this thing up. Just wondering if anyone can help me out...

#2 ·
It may have some film uild up in there. You need to run the correct size thingy (cant remember the name of the tool) through it. Basically it also threads in and clears whatevers in the threads.

#3 ·
From time to time you get a bow with a set of threads not properly cut. That screw is a 5/16 x 24, and you need a tap, and tap wrench to CAREFULLY clean up the threads.

Don't skip the wrench part. Without it it's tough to keep the tap straight, and it aids with the "feel" of the cut.

Cleaning up a bad set of threads should take very little effort. If there's any resistance, you are cross threading the tap. On a new bow, I'd let the shop you bought it from do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.