PDA

View Full Version : Homemade bow/bag holder

amishracing
January 16th, 2009, 01:50 PM
This is a bow/ bag holder that I made. I wanted something that I could use in multiple locations..so I made this so that I just insert a 3/8 lag bolt into the end and clamp it down on the head with the locking wing bolt. then I just screw it into the tree. and it has enough strength to hold my bow and my backpack which together are about 10-12lbs. Then, if I like the tree that I am in, (usually used with with my climber or when hunting on locations that have stands but no holders) I simply unclamp the lock and take the holder with me and leave the lag bolt in the tree for the next visit.. If I get a bolt that doesnt have a very sharp point or a tree that is really tough to start the bolt, I also have a drill bit that I welded a nut to and use it to start a pilot.... this usually works out. .... the end of the rod is double heat shrunk to provide cushion for the bow and noise free removal.

amishracing
January 16th, 2009, 02:03 PM
try these

downsouth
November 15th, 2009, 11:40 AM
That's pretty cool! I don't keep my quiver on my bow and end up needing two tree steps screwed in at each tree stand if there's no small branches to break off and use instead. I get tired of lugging a bag full of gear to my stands so anything that serves a purpose in multiple locations is a good thing!

beyo
November 15th, 2009, 08:41 PM
that is a nice setup

The_Bonecrusher
November 15th, 2009, 11:12 PM
that will work .nice

lacKailey
November 16th, 2009, 09:01 AM
these are great, thanks for sharing