PDA

View Full Version : arrow saw help

young_bull44
January 17th, 2009, 05:53 PM
I had a buddy use his miter saw to cut arrows. This cannot possibly be a great way to cut arrows. What do you guys think?

sngehl01
January 17th, 2009, 08:00 PM
i use a mini chop saw from harbor freight with a 3" cutting disc on it. works great.

young_bull44
January 18th, 2009, 08:34 PM
ttt

waiting4fall
January 18th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Been using this for years.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=423 07

elkaholik
February 25th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I also use the mini chop saw from Harbor Freight, it works really well.

ShootToKill10
February 25th, 2009, 11:31 PM
I havnt got to use it yet but I to own the mini saw from harbor freight and have heard many good things about it. I am currently building a platform with measuring tape for it.

firewood
February 26th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Read a lot of good things about the HF cut-off saw. Got one, set it up...put a fiber cut-off 2" blade on it. (The metal one it comes does not cut arrows of any type well). Seems like it takes about 30 secs. to cut through an arrow (alum or carbon)...It's way too slow...has no torque, you must be very gentle and allow it to cut at its' own slow pace. The rubber drive belt that drives the gears seems more like a rubber band than a usable belt...take a look at one. And then you might still get a string fm the carbon. Did I say slow?...I took it off and mounted my air-cutter w/shield...(about $9 at HF...been sitting around the garage for a long time). Now I have an arrow cutter w/rpm's to spare. Cut, square up with an ASD and I'm good to go.
Traded it for some arrows. For me it was a waste of time. Seems all I've heard are good things about it too. Didn't work very well for me though. But if it works ok for you then you've found what you need.

06browning
June 1st, 2009, 09:06 PM
I just bought the mini saw from harbor frieght and it works fine. It doesn't cut very fast but then again your not in a arrow cutting race.

kickercoach1285
June 1st, 2009, 10:09 PM
I mounted a sewing machine motor and made an arbor to use 4 1/2" cut off discs that have been wore out down to about a 2 1/2" works great.

YBSLO
June 2nd, 2009, 09:47 PM
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...lo#post3714401

Heres one i made
I do roll the arrow as i cut it
Works very well.
This too is a harbor freight saw
with a carbide blade

Bruce

gaberichter
June 4th, 2009, 11:11 AM
So this one from HF works good. Ive been looking for one for a while now. Does it work well with carbon?

'J'
June 4th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Bowhunters superstore on Ebay has 8000 rpm Weston arrow saws for $80 and change, they are the same saws that sell at Bass Pro Shop for $159. I don't have any affiliation with BSS just thought it was a good deal.:darkbeer:

southernbowhunt
June 6th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Has anyone used a dremel to cut arrows the high settn goes to 35,000 rpm. I haven't tried it but just curious if it'd work?