Archery Talk Forum banner

Apex 7?

909 views 19 replies 4 participants last post by  TN ARCHER 
#1 ·
Has anybody experienced a "nock low" issue with the Apex 7? I just received one and set the rest up with the arrow setting slightly down or nock high about 1/16 and it consistently shoots nock low. Now I will tell you my Fatboys are set up stiff and light, and my TT spring steel has a .010 blade, I have ordered a .008 blade. Any suggestions?

#5 ·
When you say it shoots nock low, are you shooting bare shafts or paper? If paper, did you try more than one distance? Have you compared a bare shaft to fletched?
Could be just the nockpoint inside the loop or a slight cam orientation adjustment. It can't be that bad or I think it would be bouncing up off the blade, no? I assume thats why your thinking of a thicker blade? You think it's plowing right through the .010?

#6 ·
Biggers, A.T.A. is on and BH is on , cam orientation is right on. Arrow spine is actually stiff, per On Target 2. Both limbs are bottomed out so it's not tiller either.

red44, Not shooting through paper just into a block target at approx 5 yards, inside my garage. Just got the bow Friday night and set the D loop and rest and was shooting to see how it felt and noticed the nock low. It's not bouncing off the blade and I am going to try a thinner .008 blade, I am using a .010 now, it's the thinnest I have, arrow weight is 315 gr total. If it were "plowing" through the .010 it should kick the fletched end high, right?
Oh yea, I have not shot bare shafts, I have never had much luck with that on any bow.

#7 ·
If the tail end is plowing through the .010, will it not also through a thinner blade?
If the blade were stiff and the tail low was happening, it would bounce up correct?
A weak blade would flex more on the shot but the tail end would still be low if the cam or string nock setting was incorrect and/or the blade was too weak.
That tied nock inside the loop under the arrow gives you down pressure to hold it on better drawing but also sends the tail end low on release off the string. I'd take that tied nock out or just go higher on the nocking point and see what happens.
I also would be comparing bare shafts to fletched or simply go by smallest vertical grouping at a horizontal line.

#8 ·
My friend had the same problem and this what we did to fix it.....

press the d-loop toghether and shoot it under your nock. Tie a knot above your nock for your "new nocking point". Also check your Tiller.... take some turns out of your top limb (resest your nocking point) see if this helps.

#11 ·
Sorry red. I do have the tied nock below the arrow inside the D-loop knots. I was referring to what adventuregeorge had suggested , that I try the D-loop completely under the nock a nocking point above the nock.
Would these two methods not create the same downward pressure?

#16 ·
Well now I don't know what to do. I stopped by the house and took a lunch break today and decided to lower the draw weight to 55#, that's where I want to shoot it anyway. I took it to the garage and it is shooting dead straight!!! :confused: :confused: No other adjustments done at all. I know the spine is way stiff at 60# as well as 55#.:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.