Archery Talk Forum banner

out of speck

907 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  jwolfe78 
#1 ·
ata should be 32, ata measured 32 1/4. what needs to be done to get it back in spec.:confused:

#2 ·
Your string might have stretched. Change string or put a couple of twist in the string, but if you shoot a lot or if the string is more than 2 yrs old I would get a new one.

#3 ·
Yeah, but if a lot of use, change all strings. Twisting up the string, watch cam rotation or timing and especially draw weight. Draw weight should not exceed bow's rated max by a pound or so. Make sure bow limbs are maxed out when setting time and ata.

#7 ·
out of spec

i just went thru the same thing last week on a new dxt. supposed to be at 29 3/4" but was at 30" and couldn't get my draw weight to max at 70 only 62. took it in to a top 10 mathews dlr and they twisted the string and replaced the cable that was bad and while all my weight and limbs were back in order they ata was still just a hair over 29 3/4". ck that while your ata may be off a touch is everything else in line, like the draw weight, legnth, if so then i would imagine it is fine if the strings still look good. good luck.

#8 ·
mizzou, there isn't enough string material on the planet to replace every set that stretched and gave an ATA 1/4" over spec.

There are two measurements that count. ATA and brace height. They work together in most cases and you need to hit both.

A turn or two on the cables and string will cure that much stretch, and you're good to go. Even very good (brandy new) sets, from the string guys on the forum, that everyone raves about, will often do that much stretch in a couple hundred shots.

What's more, unless they are 5 years old, and you shoot quite a bit, the stretch is normal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.