Archery Talk Forum banner

82nd let off ?

464 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bratlabs 
#1 ·
A buddy of mine has a 08 82nd 70 lber, we put my Easton digital scale on it and it read 71# peak and holding 27#. The draw stop is set at 6.4. Why is the letoff screwy? According to my charts the post is where it should be. He doesnt want to move the draw stop to much, the draw length is where he wants it. He says shes a beast to hold at 27# after you peak the draw cycle.

#2 · (Edited)
If your friend wants the same draw length, but with higher letoff, he needs to get the next size smaller mods, i.e. - from 29 to 28.5, etc. Then, when he sets the drawstop for his draw length he will have higher letoff.

#3 ·
Draw Stop

A small change in the draw stop will yield big changes in letoff

Move it back a bit...a 32nd at a time(no more than a total of a 16th) til you get the feel you want

Your not going to feel a drastic difference in DL but letoff will feel a whole lot better

Your around 62% if my math is right so your real close...don't be afraid to move it

#4 ·
I would measure the draw length on a draw board first. Then I would set the draw stops back to achieve the desired letoff. The remeasure the draw length and twist the string until it is back to the correct measurement.

#5 ·
We dont have a draw board, maybe that will be my project this week. He has the 2.4 mod. in now but we'll find out actual draw length and then go from there. Its a shooter and he doesnt want to go tearing into stuff so hopefully its just moving the stop a bit otherwise he is going to have to just man up and hold 27#:grin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.