Archery Talk Forum banner

martin mystic tuning question

786 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  bfisher 
#1 ·
alright just bought this bow off of at am a little unsure of how to time it, what the max poundage is also, it has the furious cams with the shoot through cables M mods, and the limbs are marked 5h, it seems that the cables on the top cam are hitting the stop before the bottom cam, I think these are supposed to hit at the same time unsure though, if they are supposed to hit at the same time how do i do it? put twists in cable or out twists in string?

#3 ·
You can do one of two things to sync the cams. If the top cam is stopping first then remove the cable from the top cam and remove a twist and see how they balance. Keep doing this till you get them right. Maybe even a half twist is all that necessary.

You can look at the stops as you draw, but the final test is how the bow feels when you draw it. You'll be able to feel the difference, but be sure and use a release to draw just like you normally do, unless you're shooting fingers.
When you draw and the cable hits the stop try to draw just a little more. If one cam is behind the other one you'll feel what we refer to as a double bump. When you have them synced you won't feel the double bump anymore. It will feel like a real solid stop.

#6 ·
hey thanks everyone for the help got it all straightend out and feels alot better, not as complicated as I figured
Any of these compound bows are not all that complicated. You just have to do things in a methodical manner. Duals are easier to understand though. If the cams are out of sync you can feel it. Although solo's can't get out of sync they can and do get "out of time", but it's a slow process due to string creep so is not as noticable till the bow just isn't shooting right.

Anyway, don't be afraid to do things. You can always reverse what you do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.