PDA

View Full Version : any MMA fans out there?

JV3HUNTER
January 30th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Saturday nights the big fight. Who wins, GSP or BJ Penn? My money's on George!

gemini2281
January 30th, 2009, 04:18 PM
If BJ brings a full tank of gas, he'll win. GSP could overwhelm him though.

Too close to call.

I want BJ to win though. BJJ FTW!

Lyanz
January 30th, 2009, 05:56 PM
This is what Vegas has:

Picking the outright winner:
Georges St Pierre to win -265
BJ Penn to win +175

Should a bettor pick Georges St Pierre to win, St Pierre would have to win by any means, and the bettor would receive $100 for every $265 bet. If the better had chosen BJ Penn to win, Penn would have to win by any means and the better would receive $175 for every $100 bet.

Pick each fighter individually to win by knockout:

Georges St Pierre by KO or stoppage +210
BJ Penn by KO or stoppage +270

Should a bettor pick Georges St Pierre to win by knockout or ref stoppage, he or she would win $210 for every $100 bet. Choosing Penn by knockout or ref stoppage would pay $270 for every $100 bet.

Pick each fighter to win by submission:
Georges St Pierre by Submission +285
BJ Penn by Submission +315

Picking a winner by submission is similar to picking a fighter by knockout. Should a bettor pick Georges St Pierre to win by submission, the bettor would receive $285 for every $100 bet. Picking BJ Penn by submission would pay $315 for every $100 bet.

Hope this helps if you are "really" putting money on one or the other. Also the odds on the under cards are out too, just do a search.

gemini2281
January 30th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I'd take the sub bet on BJ all day long.

Ya'll do the Fantasy MMA thing on mmaplayground.com? It is pretty cool.

hunter_tlh
January 31st, 2009, 09:00 AM
I don't bet, but I hope it's a good fight. I'm not a big fan of the nipple twister, but he is a good fighter. BJ is a bad dude also. Toss up for me at this point.

JWT
January 31st, 2009, 09:38 AM
I saw that too, what is that all about? :confused: I want BJ to destroy GSP. I agree if BJ is in shape with great cardio he will take GSP apart.

obart
January 31st, 2009, 09:45 AM
BJ Penn all the way.....his Hawaiian blood is boiling with GSP....

gemini2281
January 31st, 2009, 01:07 PM
I don't bet, but I hope it's a good fight. I'm not a big fan of the nipple twister, but he is a good fighter. BJ is a bad dude also. Toss up for me at this point.

The nipple twist is where he gets his riddim.

swivelhead
January 31st, 2009, 03:41 PM
Some buds and I have ordered the fight. Like to see BJ put a whompin on the other guy.

ALPHA0MEGA
January 31st, 2009, 04:03 PM
If BJ brings a full tank of gas, he'll win. GSP could overwhelm him though.

Too close to call.

I want BJ to win though. BJJ FTW!

+1 exactly. When BJ is in condition no one in his weight class compares. It does baffle me though that as good as he is on the ground he does like to stand. GO BJ!

bowhunttp
January 31st, 2009, 04:16 PM
Bj is gonna kiss some ass hands down much better techncal all around. Gsp could surprise us though to tuff to call my $$$$$$$$ is on penn

LeftemLeakin
January 31st, 2009, 07:10 PM
Tough call.... GSP has been flawless as of late, at the top of his game and hungry. BUT....You can never count BJ out, I think BJ has a better chin and can out punch GSP. I just can't pick, I give the edge to BJ.

patriotvft
February 1st, 2009, 01:34 AM
awesome! now i dont have to hear all the garbage that came out of bj's mouth anymore. gsp didnt beat bj, he destroyed him! to quote the bigmouth, "dont make me mad george, dont make me mad". or what? you're gonna stop gsp's fist with your face.

bj should never have taken that fight. should stay in paperweight division where he can beat almost anyone.

JV3HUNTER
February 1st, 2009, 01:58 PM
awesome! now i dont have to hear all the garbage that came out of bj's mouth anymore. gsp didnt beat bj, he destroyed him! to quote the bigmouth, "dont make me mad george, dont make me mad". or what? you're gonna stop gsp's fist with your face.

bj should never have taken that fight. should stay in paperweight division where he can beat almost anyone.

Talk about an ***** WHOOPIN!!!

huntnmuleys
February 1st, 2009, 02:12 PM
not even a fight. bj penn isnt even in the same league as st. pierre. looked like an idiot out there...

edmkills
February 1st, 2009, 02:22 PM
BJ now stands for "Broken Jaw" :wink: . Awesome fight!!! :darkbeer:

XzyluM
February 1st, 2009, 02:46 PM
I was expecting a much closer fight. While I like both guys and think they are great fighters, I enjoy St. Pierre much more. BJ needs to stay at his division where he is actually the best he as ever been. St. Pierre dominated him for four rounds and completely exhausted BJ, he never really had a chance and I applaud his corner for waving the fight off. On another note, Machida actually surprised me and instead of doing enough to win the fight as usual, he actually finished the fight. Silva didn't stand a chance...

auburn
March 2nd, 2009, 02:38 AM
G.S.P. is the best all round fighter in his weight class.B..J. is the best in his own and Anderson Silvia is the best in his.Brock is going to be in the heavy's if he starts getting into jit's and kick boxing if he don't he's in for a rude awakening!

ginglebell
March 6th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Haha
You are funny

MeNmyBow
March 16th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Haha
You are funny

Are you saying Auburn is funny?

Because what he said is dead on.

adamsvenom
April 7th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Some biz partners and I started an MMA league, it's pretty big already. We're working with UFC right outta the gates so thats HUGE.
Respect Is Earned, LLC

But I was wondering if anyone knew of any place to get some good exposure?
I was thinking about a banner here on AT, i know a lot of sports fans are here in AT. And RIE will be all over the US, so that helps.

We've got money to advertise, but seems like that money isn't well spent like it used to be. Maybe people look online to find stuff and info.

By the way, if anyone is interested, we have the very 1st EVER all pro MMA event in Philly on April 30th. PM me for details on that, cheapest tickets in the industry

Thanks guys! Might see some of RIE's fighters at Philly, also fighting with UFC in Philly. We've got the up and coming UFC guys- we're playing their 'minor league'

1Badboy
April 7th, 2009, 07:22 PM
whos on your card for the fight?

MMAFREAK2009
April 29th, 2009, 03:08 PM
BJ lost it sucked. GSP won.