Archery Talk Forum banner

proper cam rotation on 101st airborne

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  fletched 
#1 ·
How many dots should be showing above the limbs on the 101st to make it the most efficient. I have the qb1 modules on the bow which is 31.5 inch draw. I am a true 32 inch draw and would like a little more length if possible. I also want to keep the valley as long as possible. Thanks.

#2 ·
I suggest 3-4 dots showing above the limb. This will correct the draw length and if you need it any longer, adjust you release and lengthen or add a loop. The will rotate the cam for better performance and tuning as well.

#4 ·
Called bowtech and was told the dots are just a starting point.You still have to get the cams to rollover at the same time just as you would on a 2-cam bow.
You are refering to timing. I am refering to cam position. Timing needs to be done at full draw. The cam position will make a lot of difference in the way it feels and shoots.

#7 ·
Cam position will effect the draw length and draw weight. It also effects the performance. It can alter the bh and ata. The bh and ata are only estimates and will change with draw lengths and poundage. Airborne draw mods come in half inch increments. If your draw falls between two different mods, you can twist the string to make it right. This will alter the bh and ata b but not enough to worry about. Shooting the correct draw length is important. Adjusting the cam position to achieve better performance while maintaining the correct draw length will alter the bh and ata. The bottom line is that making changes to the cam position to correct the draw length and performance is sometimes neccessary.

#6 ·
It's actually pretty simple. I'll see if I can explain it..... At full draw, you want the draw stops on the MODS to lay evenly across the cables at the same time (don't get this confused with the adjustable draw stop on the top cam). If one cam or the other is under or over rotated, then you need to do some cable twisting depending on which cam is doing what. You will want the mod draw stops to contact the cables just as the adjustable draw stop (on the top cam) it making contact with the limb. Once you have that, the cams are good to go and you can play with the let-off by using the adjustable draw stop. I hope I explained that good enough. Showing you would be a lot eaiser....:wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.