PDA

View Full Version : Who will trade me 6 old (but new) 100gr Muzzys for a youth hunting bow?

Caligater
February 10th, 2009, 10:35 PM
I knew you would be too intrigued not to look!

Before I get to the game, let me give you a little background. Since I started shooting again this past Summer and have gotten my GF into archery, her 14 year old brother who lives near Durango has been itching to get a bow. His single Mom is doing the best she can to make up for a his deadbeat Dad, and she can't afford to get him a bow either, so I think it is a worthy cause.

I would love to buy him one and set it up for him, but it's not really in the budget right now; which brings me to my game.

I stole this idea from 98.9fm in Kansas City when they would start with an X-Box and end with a car to give to charity; here is how it works.

I am offering to trade someone 6 never been shot with blades (I shot one ferrule with practice blades installed) 100gr Muzzy 3 blade broadheads...:

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/alligater_photos/Muzzy1.jpg

For something that is a higher value/demand than them. At that time, I will be trading off that item for a different item of a higher value/demand until I have an item that someone would be willing to trade me a set up youth bow that would accommodate a kid about 5'10" and has roughly a 30-45# draw weight. Brand doesn't matter, but it needs to be in shooting condition with at least a rest and a sight.

In case I didn't explain this good enough, here is an example:

I trade the Muzzys to Jim for a stabilizer
Tom trades 1 dozen arrows for the stabilzer
Dave trades a custom set of string/cables for the dozen arrows
Mike trades a youth bow for the set of cables/string
Game Over

NOTE:
1) This could potentially turn into a logistical nightmare, so I will handling all the details of the final trades. If coordinated correctly, each person involved in a trade will only have to ship one thing (or however many things they trade). I would ship the BHs out, and someone would ship me the bow....everything else would be going from person to person.

From the example above:
I would send the Muzzy’s to Jim
Jim sends the stabilizer to Tom
Tom sends the arrows to Dave
Dave sends the string/cables to Mike
Mike sends me the bow.

2) Each person trading will be responsible for the cost of shipping their item, so take that into consideration before offering to trade something.

3) YOU MUST BE SERIOUS ABOUT SENDING OUT YOUR ITEM! If even one person doesn't live up to their end of the deal, the entire system will crumble, so please be honest.

4) I can't check AT from work, so I won't be able to handle the details until ~5:00pm PST each day.

5) I am going to consider the most recently traded item mine, so I will be authorizing/accepting the trade offers. (this is only to keep the proper records/organization.)

6) When you make a trade offer, please provide pictures and an amount that you feel the item is worth or what it cost new. This will give people an idea of what value they are trading for.

7) Nobody will be responsible for shipping anything until the game is completely over. That way if something should go wrong and we need to cancel it, nobody is out anything.

All-in-all, I think this could be very fun and interesting for everyone who wants to participate. It is also a good way to clean out the closet and get something you may need/want in return. And since you are the one offering the trade, you won't get stuck with something you don't want.

So let the games begin...:smile:

Oh, and the items don't have to be archery or hunting related, just something that you think someone else would want.