Archery Talk Forum banner

Advise needed

677 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  muley56 
#1 ·
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if it is safe to shoot a 2008 Firecat with out the sts on it?the little rubber cap on mine falls off about every third shot so I removed it and the bow is quieter but I don't want to harm the bow if it has to be on there.

#2 ·
The only purpose of having the STS is to stop the string slap. The bow companies are using their own so shooters won't buy aftermarket parts. It is not necessary to have it on the bow for shooting purposes. Its only an extra addition!

#3 ·
The only purpose of having the STS is to stop the string slap. Its only an extra addition!
not nessecarly for string slap on the arm only BUT yes it is not nessecary, make sure if you remove that you remove it all, rod obviously goes also.

#5 ·
If you want to use the STS you might look at where the string hits the rubber. Mine kept coming off and I discovered the string was hitting to one side on the rubber, which made the rubber fly off when I shot. Aligned the STS where the string hit in the middle of the rubber stopper and walla! it hasn't come off yet. I don't know as though it makes any difference because I also shot the bow without it and could not tell much difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.