Archery Talk Forum banner

guardian

500 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  doemadness@luck 
#1 ·
could someone take a pic of where you put the quarter down the limb face to adjust the j hook distance right now my ross is putting my new guardian to shame and i cant figure it out, IS THE ROSS CARDIAC A BETTER SHOOTING AND MORE ACCURATE BOW? my guardian draws hard and doesnt hold well my draw stops are hitting perfect but the distance down the limb to the j hook i could stack 2 quarters on top off one another. is this wrong? 64lbs limb driver rest.29'' draw.

#2 · (Edited)
The Cardiac is an easy drawing, easy to shoot bow. The Guardian will have a stiffer draw but is also a shooter, and oh so quiet. I don't have a picture handy but just lay the quarter flat on the limb, and the hooks should be close. The closer to the limb = slightly longer draw. Farther from the limb = slightly shorter draw. You said it's about the width of 2 quarters away, that's hardly going to be a noticeable difference. MAYBE a 1/8"-1/4" difference in DL

The let-off and valley is NOT adjustable on the Guardian. You said the cables are hitting both stops at the same time, that's about all You can do. And about the best You can get is 72%-74% let-off with not much Valley. Maybe the higher holding weight and higher overall weight of the bow is what's throwing You off, shoot it a while and get used to it, and You will probably shoot it just as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.