Archery Talk Forum banner

HOYT SHOOTERS!!! Has anyone read the 2009 manual?

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  no eye deer 
#1 ·
Hey I am posting this for ALL Hoyt shooters.

I am pumped that Hoyt finally revised the whole manual and included some great information. Yes, they did leave some of the cookie cutter stuff in it but they also included information that I feel has been necessary to the home tuner for a long time now.

It has a real picture of the nock set and you can see that Hoyt sets their bows up to have the arrow slightly above center of the Berger hole. This helps with some of the fletching clearance issues.

It talks about the timing/sync and shows a diagram with instructions on how to
adjust which cable to speed up which cam. NICE. I am still a believer in creep tuning especially if you do not shoot the bow at max -1/4 turn.

And the information that I found to be the most interesting was that they have finally put in writing that the strings are measured with the ATA standard. Now if you go here,
http://www.archerytrade.org/publications.html
and click on the "ATA Standards" link it opens this document,
http://archerysearch.com/publications/AmoStandards.pdf

So now this re affirms what a few great Hoyt tuners, like JAVI, have said in the past. You should tune your bow with the strings you have and then order replacements. Almost all string makers make the strings to a finished length.

I suggest that no matter which Cam and 1/2 you shoot that you read the 2009 Hoyt manual as it contains some great information for all Hoyt shooters.

I could let you to go to Hoyt and find it but I am a nice guy and decided to link it here for all to grab and read.
http://www.hoyt.com/assets/downloads/manuals/09_Compound_manual.pdf

I hope you all have a great day!!! Hit'em where it HOYTS!!!

See less See more
#9 ·
SHHHHH dont let that out its a secret!!! ONLY for the Bone Collectors Brother!!! LOL

#11 ·
Devils Fan it is the AMO standard, I tried to upload the pdf files here but they are to large and I have no program to cut them up with.

AMO BOWSTRING/CABLE LENGTH STANDARDS
Bowstring/cable length shall be designated by placing the string/cable loops over
1/4” (6.4mm) diameter steel pins. Zero (0) turns of twist are to be inserted in the
bowstring/cable before tension loading. Flemish splice strings are exempt from
twist limitations. Standard tension loads are listed below. Length measurements
are to be taken from the outside of the top steel pin to the outside of the bottom
steel pin after 20 seconds at load.

AMO COMPOUND BOW STRING LENGTH STANDARD
Compound bowstring length shall be designated by its stretched length as
determined by placing the string loops over 1/4” diameter steel pins and stretch
ing with 100 lbs. of tension. Measurement is taken from outside of pin to outsid
of pin. Tolerance is +- 1/4” after 20 seconds under tension load.
EXPLANATION: Compound bowstring lengths have no particular relationship t
bow length and therefore actual string length under load is used for length
designation.

MEASURING TENSIONS
All 8 and 10 strand bowstrings made from polyester (i.e., Dacron) are to be
measured under 50 +- 1 pound (22.68 kilograms) of tension load. All other
strings and cables for compound and non compound bows are to be measured
under 100 +- 1 pound (45.4 kilograms) of tension load.
Compound and non-compound bowstring lengths will be within a tolerance of +-
1/8” (3.2 mm) when measured under tension load. Compound cables (harness)
will be within a tolerance of +- 1/16” (1.6mm) when measured under tension load.
Tension loads and tolerances are AMO standards, however, bow manufacturer
may specify otherwise.

dwagoner, Bone Collectors teach as well as collect, I still got secrets for ya though......

P.S. I do like the new Bone Collectors show, just seems to me that it is better hunting. Maybe that is just me though but these guys really seem to enjoy what they are doing and that makes it better in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.