Archery Talk Forum banner

youth draw length???

546 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  martinpantera01 
#1 ·
I took my daughter to a youth league last week and she just loved it. She shot again Saturday and was still loving it. She shoots a cheap walmart bow a Bear Scout. The she can shoot this but the draw length is too long and there is no adjustment. So, I just bought two used bows for my daughter, one for now and one to grow into. The one for now is a Seneca 130 it has a 15-30lbs draw and a 19-22" draw length adjustment. I need to adjust the length and make it shorter. How? Can anyone help me out with some how to's in lenght adjustment?

Thanks,
Mike

#2 ·
How short do you want to go? If the bow says 19" that will be the lowest, not knowing that bow, but if the cams have more than one string peg placing the string on the inside peg (closer to the axle) might give another inch and your dw will be less. Look at your cams, there should be some type of screw that is each one and some numbers or letters, usually you would take out the screws (top and bottom) and move the inside cam one way or the other put the screws back in and check dl.

#3 ·
Most common way it said above the screws are in the cams. usually both have to be at the same length so if there is an adjustment on both cams make sure they are the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.