Archery Talk Forum banner

Tuning Question??

806 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  NocBuster 
#1 ·
In what order should you start your tuning process?

Do you creep tune before the other tuning processes or should you do your paper tuning, group tuning, and walk back tuning first and save the creep tuning for after your bow is fine tuned?

#2 ·
This is the order I use
Setup the bow close to spec
Time the cams
Do a rough paper tune I usually like about 1/4" tail high
Sight in out to 50 yds Shoot some groups
If the groups are not to your liking move the rest or knocking point in small increments one adjustment at a time and shoot a group.
I usually fine tune at 40 or 50 yds, then readjust the sights.

Here is a pic taken after fine tuning the bow at 40 yds, you can see how far the rest and knocking point were moved during the process.

#4 ·
I first tune the bow, this includes creep tuning, correct dl and dw, etc. Second I tune the rest, which would be the walk back for center and shooting groups with fps and bhs to get rest height. Last I tune the arrows, which is spine of arrow ( length,foc,weight,etc.)

#5 ·
agree with this, but the part about arrow tuning would be included in the paper/walkback tuning, cuz if your arrows arent spined correctly you wont be able to group tune with FPs and BHS, thell be all over. SO as i start i do my best to ensure arrows are spined and i think it shows on paper a bit, then when you get to FP and BH tuning you really know if there spined correctly.

#7 ·
I pretty much do what wolfclan does but a litlle different. I get everything to spec and tune the tiller time the cams and all that. then i modified french tune then i walkback tune out to 50 yards then i got back to 30 and group tune then check it at 40 and 50 and then im done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.