Archery Talk Forum banner

82nd specs and the impact.

630 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Bucket 
#1 ·
I just picked up a used 82nd and found that I was having trouble holding good groups. I did some measuring and found some things were out of spec. First the ATA was 1/4" long, but the BH was about the same short???? (Does that make sense? I was expecting it to be long) It was also out of time a bit, the lower cam was late by about the dia. of the string(maybe a little more, but not much).Anywho, I put a few twists in the string and brought the ATA back to 36 1/4" and that brought the BH back to 6 1/8". I also got the cams in sync, but it got dark on me, so I didn't get to shoot it. Any chance I will see a difference in performance?

#2 ·
Anytime you make changes to the system, you will make changes to the performance. I would suggest if you want the best performance out of your 82nd, get the cam positioned so that you can see 4-5 dots above the limb. This will also shorten the draw but the airbornes run long anyways. You might need to replace the string with a 57" instead of the 57 1/4" on it now. It will help the performance and tunability. It will pull easier and smoother and won't drop into letoff as hard. It will drop your poundage to 67-68 max. This is what I find to be the best setting. After you time it, the dots might not be the same on both cams at bh but as long as you are between the 4 and 5 dot, you will be in a good position.

#3 ·
Thanks Fletched, what you described is exactly what happened. It went from 3 dots to 5 on one and a little over 4 on the other. Draw weight went down and bottomed out, I can't get #70. I'm sure it will be better, but was curious if it would be a difference that I would be able to see.

#4 ·
yes you should as cams that much out are off a bit, about the BH being short yes longer ata moves the limbs outwards and towards the riser per say, thus shortening BH. Your fine. GL when you get back to shooting in the light!!

#5 ·
Just got back in from shooting. Arrow flight seems to have gotten better, but I lost my paper tune frame, so that will have to be done later. I did notice that I'm coming to full draw and the draw stop isn't hitting the limb. Is this an indication of something out of wack, or do I just need to slide it to hit at full draw?

#6 ·
if its just off a tad slide it to your liking, wheres it set right now? what number

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.