Archery Talk Forum banner

V-tec A to A?

414 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  SonnyThomas 
#1 ·
I have been trying to tune my 2005 V-tec, and can't get the axle to axle length right. I have checked the string and cable lengths and they are all right - 57/42.25/38.75. The brace height is also correct at 6 3/4". The cams are set at position E, base cam 7, and the draw length is correct at 31.0". The a to a is supposed to be 35.5", but mine repeatedly measures 36.5". Is there a typo in the Hoyt specs?:confused:

#2 ·
hows your cam timing? what about draw weight also? would need some more info with that.

Is it possible that the limbs got changed ever maybe?? check this out about timing hybrid cams EXCELLENT write up and may help you some

WELCOME TO AT!!!

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=207391

#3 ·
I bought the bow new, and have never had it back to a Hoyt dealer. I have read the posts about tuning, and had the bow creep tuned before I took it apart and measured the strings. The strings cover both marks, and the bow shoots well. The draw weight was correct, and the tiller even with the limb bolts bottomed, which is where they have always been. Am I being too picky about the a to a? How long are the limbs supposed to be?

#4 ·
I have the same bow and the same measurement with my ata. If your poundage is were its supposed to be I wouldn't worry with it. It has to be a misprint on the tune charts now that your saying that too. Everyone told me that hoyt didn't put the #7 cams on a vtec. My shoots better than it ever did with these specs. I'm getting 287 30" 74lb 423 gr arrow.

#5 ·
Could be the charts are wrong. My ProElite specs are being looked into right now. Chart for it has 37 3/8" for ata and factory is now saying it should be 37 3/4" or there about - technicians are checking/validating deminsions right now. My ProElite just got back from the factory and ata was set to 37 7/8" - draw weight and brace height correct.

email address for questions; txd@hoyt.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.