PDA

View Full Version : Apalachicola National Forrest

Usingmyrights
February 24th, 2009, 07:23 PM
I've got access to 50 privately owned acres in the Apalachicola National Forrest down near Sopchoppy. Hunting season is on its way out and I don't think I'll be able to make it until Sept. I'd like to go after some hogs. If anyone is familiar with the area I'd love to hear from you. I know there's hogs in the area, but not sure if there's any certain places they seem to stay put as well as how many there are. I'd hate to drive over there for nothing. If someone is familiar with the area and would be willing to get me started hunting hogs (gun or bow) then I could see about getting you access to the property whenever I go out there (Its owned by more than one person). I don't forsee it being a problem. Just a quick email or two to the other owners.

cr0ck1
February 25th, 2009, 08:48 AM
finding hog sign and where they are at is easy.. i can help you with that.. you gotta scout around. Im not too familiar with that area. But i guarantee if we go out there we can find some hog sign. YOu just gotta know what to look for.. Then the harder part is knowing when they in that area. meaning what time of day.

Usingmyrights
February 25th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I'll have to get with my uncle. I haven't been to this particular piece of property because my family owns alot of it in the area. IIRC its 500yds off the road, and they're supposed to be cutting a logging road out to it with a fire lane going around the rest of it. Its supposed to be part swamp and the rest your typical FL woods.

Wishbone
May 3rd, 2009, 09:06 AM
I'll be in the forest around the first week of October (archery), let me know if any of y'all are up there around that time :)