PDA

View Full Version : South Fl persaon who tunes bows?

b_vanfossen
March 4th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Hello-
I'm in Palm Beach County and would like to find someone local who really knows how to tune a bow. I do not mind taking a little drive to drop it off..

Thanks
Brian

GOTTABOWHUNT00
March 4th, 2009, 06:06 PM
John Waterhouse Jets Florida Outdoors in Miami

Wolfman88
March 4th, 2009, 07:21 PM
I havent been there myself (too far) but I hear the guys at whites tackle in ft,peirce do a great job

CatchDog
March 4th, 2009, 07:26 PM
You used to have a couple options,Wayne Carr and Buddy Legate. Unfortunetly, Wayne has moved and Buddy is no longer with us. Both men would teach and show as they worked so you could learn to do for yourself.

Can't think of any so called "supertuners" in or around Palm Beach county anymore. Plenty of very knowledgeable people around though.

WOW, I guess I am absolutely no help at all. Sorry.

Have a good one.

Lance

Wolfman88
March 4th, 2009, 07:37 PM
http://fofah.s2.bizhat.com/viewtopic.php?t=839&mforum=fofah Check it out:thumbs_up

b_vanfossen
March 5th, 2009, 08:53 PM
guys thanks for your input-

I'm looking for someone who really knows what they are doing to install a sting- etc... I've never had a bow restrung and I'm a little nervious that is will not be right as I'm picky...

Thanks

MIKEY CUSTOM-G
March 9th, 2009, 12:59 AM
guys thanks for your input-

I'm looking for someone who really knows what they are doing to install a sting- etc... I've never had a bow restrung and I'm a little nervious that is will not be right as I'm picky...

Thanks

restringing a bow aint such a big deal..... but as someone made mention of john waterhouse,,,,,you'd be hard pressed to find a better guy in our area. john is an excellent guy and a great instructor too. i had him set up a couple bows and he did them perfectly. the only problem is he doesn't have a range where you can really rip off 20-30 shots and get a string to settle in. i always tried to meet him at fort lauderdale range and do it all there.

another guy who is a great guy and very compentent but really doesn't try to look for business is dave taylor. dave hangs around gator guns in west palm beach. dave is a great guy,,,and can fix ya up too. i met him like 15 years ago i think and he helped me tweak up an old hoyt super slam i had at that time. he has also helped me to re-tweak up many bows after that,,,including my x-force. he is a hoyt man these days but can handle whatever.

b_vanfossen
March 10th, 2009, 12:14 AM
I put on a new drop rest- QAD HD- and according to level and laser she's set up properly but one of the vains is rubbing on the right side of the rest. I have no idea what to do but read and have someone check it out when I have the string done.

I will call John tomorrow...

Thanks

ltpmja
March 23rd, 2009, 02:51 PM
Call Harold, He can work magic.

b_vanfossen
March 23rd, 2009, 09:14 PM
I have actually bought everything I need to do my own tuning. Thanks to the wealth of knowledge here at AT!

b_vanfossen
March 25th, 2009, 03:00 AM
maybe this will help someone else-

I ended up going to gander mountain where you can paper tune yourself for $10. I bought a portable bow press, vice, levels, and misc tools to do my own tuning for under $100!! All I need to read to learn is right here on AT! and all is good.

Thanks for all the help

Wolfman88
March 25th, 2009, 08:57 PM
maybe this will help someone else-

I ended up going to gander mountain where you can paper tune yourself for $10. I bought a portable bow press, vice, levels, and misc tools to do my own tuning for under $100!! All I need to read to learn is right here on AT! and all is good.

Thanks for all the helpAwsome!!! Youll find it to be very simple and very addicting, So addicting you may find yourself offering to drive across the state to help a brutha out:wink:

b_vanfossen
March 25th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Awsome!!! Youll find it to be very simple and very addicting, So addicting you may find yourself offering to drive across the state to help a brutha out:wink:

If you are who I think you are- that was very nice of you to offer! I just felt bad taking you up on it. :)

b_vanfossen
May 17th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I havent been there myself (too far) but I hear the guys at whites tackle in ft,peirce do a great job

I've got to tell you- I had a problem with a new Bowtech and ended up calling all the Bowtech dealers in S. Fl. Carl @ White's Tackle was the most knowledgeable and I ended up going there. What a place! And Carl really knows his shat. If I ever have any other tough problems I'll make the drive to White's anytime!