PDA

View Full Version : What BH has a large cutting diameter

hobbs4421
March 8th, 2009, 11:05 AM
and still flies true?

I am in the mrkt of getting something (mechanical) that has a large cutting diameter.

Whats is best?
Any pics?

5MilesBack
March 8th, 2009, 11:39 AM
and still flies true?

I am in the mrkt of getting something (mechanical) that has a large cutting diameter.

Why go mechanical? Try the Striker Mags at 1.5" diameter. I keep saying.......if all I hunted was whitetails, these would be the only BH in my quiver. I shoot these out to 60 yards, and they impact real close to the same spot as my Shuttle T's, Silverflames, and Wac'ems. I will even have one in my quiver this year for elk, for that 20 yard shot over the wallow.:thumbs_up

Pickert
March 8th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Well I'm going to say they are the best but I really like them.

Rage 2 blade.

AdvanTimberLou
March 8th, 2009, 12:36 PM
The Aftershock Hypershocks leave some massive holes. Believe well over 2" for the 100 grain and 2 3/4" I do believe for the 125 grain.

Great flight too.

FearedFactor
March 8th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Vortex Broadheads have 2.5 inch cut on a 100 gr. and 2.75 on a 125 gr.

I've been using them for years and love them.

http://www.vortexbroadheads.com/

G2shootR
March 8th, 2009, 11:47 PM
I'm also a huge fan of the G5 striker mag. They leave nasty big holes!

HoytHunter4
March 8th, 2009, 11:48 PM
I would have to say Rage 2 blade.. Love the holes they leave!!

Rkhunter01
March 8th, 2009, 11:50 PM

Rage 2 blade.

+1
huge hole, and they fly awesome
I would recommend a heavier arrow setup though.

But I have shot fixed, and then went to mechanicals and I havent gone back, but buy extra o rings for them.

They wont stay together for years like a fixed but hey, I dont mind buying a new pack every year because they work for me and give me awesome blood trails

completepassthru
March 8th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Rocket Hammerheads and Buckblasters. These are not 2 blade heads but 3 blade heads. THe Hammerhead is 2in. cut and the Buckblaster is a 2.75in. cut. 100 grains and 110 grains minus the fixed blades. These heads fly like lasers and like my field points. THey do unbelievable damage and i have killed deer with them at just about every conceivable angle without 1 single problem. Great thing is they will not cost you 43 bucks a pack but about 23 bucks a pack. I can get 6 Rockets for the price of 3 Rage heads. Shoot what you want but at least give these a serious look. I have seen at least 100 deer taken with these heads. The deer in my avatar was taken with a Hammerhead!

LONGSHOT ARTIST
March 9th, 2009, 12:47 AM
grim reapers...1 7/8 cutting dia....and they fly as tru as they come!

Pickert
March 9th, 2009, 01:10 AM

Rage 2 blade.

Forgot to put, not.

...I'm not...

elk country rp
March 9th, 2009, 02:57 AM
i've seen hypershock 125's do really nasty things to speed goats & whiteys. 2 3/4" is a big hole. no blood trails have been necessary for the animals i've harvested with them- in fact the speed goat was bedded & didn't even get up after the shot. they do seem to drop a little past 50 yds, though.

ELKhuntR
March 9th, 2009, 10:34 AM
I personally shoot fixed for most everything except turkey but I've heard good things about these mechanicals

NAP Spitfire PRO
Rocky Mtn. Snyper Series
Rage

hjort jagare
March 9th, 2009, 11:17 AM
I think cutting surface area is often overlooked. For instance a 4 blade Slicktrick 1 1/8" broadhead cuts as much tissue as a 1 3/4" 3 blade or a 2" 2 blade.(Correct me if I'm wrong?) I keep it simple with a true flying sharp as a mother kill em dead head.:thumbs_up

Beendare
March 9th, 2009, 11:50 AM
The Rocket Hammerhead will cut a baseball size hole you can stick your fist into when paired with a 70# plus bow and 450gr or heavier arrows