PDA

View Full Version : Ocala National Forest

Renegadehunter
March 17th, 2009, 12:59 PM
anyone else hunt the ocala national forest? just wondering if anyone other at'ers hunt out there? what part do ya'll hunt and how was your season?

Bloominghunter2
March 17th, 2009, 07:11 PM
I hunt the southern portion. I didn't do any good this year how bout yourself?

cr0ck1
March 18th, 2009, 01:22 PM
I definitly want to get there and hunt that place this coming year!

Renegadehunter
March 18th, 2009, 09:14 PM
I hunt the southern portion. I didn't do any good this year how bout yourself?

i got a 6 point, thought i did pretty good considering what its like up there sometimes.

gator
March 22nd, 2009, 11:44 PM
Not in a LONGGGGGG time. We used to hunt the Lake Delancy area, up north of hwy 316. My dad and brother usually would kill something up there. Most of the guys I know hunted the SW area, close to you, runnin dogs. I miss that

Bloominghunter2
March 23rd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Yea I really enjoy running dogs. Our party killed only killed 7 this year but they were better than average. We killed 1 5pt, 2 6pts, 1 7pt, and 3 8pts. so that was good.

Wishbone
May 3rd, 2009, 09:58 AM
Not in a LONGGGGGG time. We used to hunt the Lake Delancy area, up north of hwy 316. My dad and brother usually would kill something up there. Most of the guys I know hunted the SW area, close to you, runnin dogs. I miss that

I agree ,I hunted Ocala for about 8 years, I used to hunt around Juniper Springs(when we still hunted) and the bombing range (with dogs) always heard about Lakel Delancy area but we never drove up that far...:)