PDA

View Full Version : arkansas bowhunters association spring

GoneUser1
March 20th, 2009, 11:10 AM
spring shoot is this weekend. hope to see you there. www.arkansasbowhuntersassociat ion.org

SA_ArcheryGuy
March 20th, 2009, 11:19 AM
I'll be there!!!

Doepopper
March 20th, 2009, 01:23 PM
What time and how much does it cost?

SA_ArcheryGuy
March 20th, 2009, 05:35 PM
What time and how much does it cost?

You have to be a member of ABA to shoot this particular shoot. You can join at the shoot for an annual fee of $15. It is also $15 to compete. Saturday is stagger start from 9-1, sunday is shotgun start at 10 am with registration ending at 9:30 am.

Hope this answers you questions.

ISO12ring
March 26th, 2009, 10:13 PM
How did you guys do? It was my first shoot in 8 yrs and I stunk it up big time. I decided to shoot pro only upon my return. I had rather shoot for a chance at money than a trophy. That is my rational anyway. It was indeed a beautiful day on Sunday.

GoneUser1
March 28th, 2009, 02:19 PM
didnt go, baby was sick until 3, so i got to sleep about 4am, had to get up at 6. we would of had 4 more pro shooters there. cant believe 4 up won it. from what i hear it was soft this year

ISO12ring
March 28th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Pro stake on Range 1 averaged around 40 yrds. Alot of uphill shots and really screwed with my head.

asa_low12
March 30th, 2009, 09:55 AM
From about 22 through 10 was easy targets, to easy if you ask me, for pro. But after the 55 or 56 yard elk it got a lot tuffer. The uphill shots were way uphill but were close. I was 8 up for a long time and the range official told our group (which was 4 pros that paid twice as much as everyone else to shoot for money) that we needed to speed it up because we were holding the group behind us up. 2 guys, arrows missing targets all day, and 2 little bitty girls with plastic bows. I had one 8 all day until then, and 5 12's. Never shot another 12 and got 3 more 8's all from hurrying up judging yardage. In my opinion pro/unlimited needs to be on their own range or at least start at a different time. The guys that pay twice as much and are shooting for a good little chunk of money are serious about it and want to take their time and shoot good, not fling arrows and hope for the best.

Next time I don't care who says what i'm taking however long I need until I get kicked off the range.

ISO12ring
March 31st, 2009, 04:08 PM
From about 22 through 10 was easy targets, to easy if you ask me, for pro. But after the 55 or 56 yard elk it got a lot tuffer. The uphill shots were way uphill but were close. I was 8 up for a long time and the range official told our group (which was 4 pros that paid twice as much as everyone else to shoot for money) that we needed to speed it up because we were holding the group behind us up. 2 guys, arrows missing targets all day, and 2 little bitty girls with plastic bows. I had one 8 all day until then, and 5 12's. Never shot another 12 and got 3 more 8's all from hurrying up judging yardage. In my opinion pro/unlimited needs to be on their own range or at least start at a different time. The guys that pay twice as much and are shooting for a good little chunk of money are serious about it and want to take their time and shoot good, not fling arrows and hope for the best.

Next time I don't care who says what i'm taking however long I need until I get kicked off the range.

Well, it just so happens that I was in the group behind you and those were my two little bitty girls shooting those plastic bows. Yes, I was a little irritated that you couldn't all go to the stake at once and everyone judge their yardages at the same time. Why you each had to take three minutes a piece to go through your full pre-shot routine. For God's sakes, we are shooting bows, not trying to cure cancer. I paid the same 30 bucks that you paid and I was quite serious about it as well until I jerked target number 1 two different times. Sorry, first shoot in 8 years and I wasn't interested in a trophy. Also first shoot for my little bitty girls and they were just happy to be a part of the tourney. All of that said, the range captain was behind me, and he was waiting on us, which was waiting on you. There were also two other groups waiting on them, who was waiting on us, who was waiting on you. I, personally was in no big hurry and would give you plenty of time to get the best shot possible. I got tired of people pissin and moanin about me holding them up when I am not the person to blame. So please, when you tell your story on this forum, tell the whole story. What you should have said was "The range official came up to us and said you guys are holding up the rest of the field..."

Doepopper
March 31st, 2009, 09:36 PM
Wow, where do I begin, the ABA people were the rudest people I have been around in years. The President , I think his name was Adolph, must not deal with people in the real world. I was amazed at how he talked down to everyone that had the displeasure of meeting him . He was so brilliant in his own mind. This was my first and last ABA event. Even the lady taking money, was a true Pit Bull. :mg: They got my money once but it won't happen again. I hope I do not offend any Pit Bull owners.

asa_low12
March 31st, 2009, 11:27 PM
Look I understand that we take a long time. Saturday we had the same group. 2 shooting recurves, one shooting fingers, and one shooting bowhunter release, o yea and one more shooting bowhunter release. Me and the other guy shooting recurve did not take one minute combined to shoot and somehow we were still holding people up. I guess from laughing so hard at my arrows flying sideways to the target. I realize that your little girls of course aren't going to take very long, kids never do, their always happy just to be there having fun, but we have double the amount of shooters than you did in our group that actually have to judge. 3 out of the 4 of us shoot national tournaments and do really well in them sometimes. Personally i'm trying my very very hardest to shoot a bow and arrow for a living. I don't right now, and aren't good enough right now, but I'm pretty sure it would be safe to say that if I hadn't quit 6 years ago when I was 18 and just started again this year, that I would be. Hopefully in 3 years I will be. You took an 8 year break. How's your judging? Mine sucked for about the first 7 tournaments this year, the ABA being the 10th. I can't stand to misjudge and shoot like crap. It does take me longer to judge targets than it should. I know this. I have worked on it almost everyday since then. (IT) being judging faster. I will get faster. Already am getting faster. So i'm sorry that we held the entire tournament up (sounds like) but I take my archery seriously (maybe a lot more than I should in SOME peoples opinions) but theres a reason for it but I don't feel like typing anymore. Don't worry though, as the weeks wear on i'll have more and more saved up for my own 20 targets and i'll judge as fast as anybody.

ISO12ring
April 1st, 2009, 11:18 AM
No hard feelings at all on this. I wanted you to realize that it wasn't me or my group complaining. A bit irritated, yes, but not really complaining at all. We were enjoying a beautiful day in the woods and were having a good time. An eight year vacation is murder on judging distance. I wish you the very best at shooting full time for a living. No, you guys did not hold the entire tourney up, just part of it :D . We are all there for a good time. One of these days if I can ever make a tourney without my kiddo's, I will probably be alot more serious than I was that day. But personally for me, I will not get as serious about it as I did 8 yrs ago. I stopped having fun, so I stopped shooting competitively. Who knows, one of these days we might find ourselves shooting in the same group. I am quite sure I could pick up some pointers from you guys.

GoneUser1
April 2nd, 2009, 11:22 AM
Wow, where do I begin, the ABA people were the rudest people I have been around in years. The President , I think his name was Adolph, must not deal with people in the real world. I was amazed at how he talked down to everyone that had the displeasure of meeting him . He was so brilliant in his own mind. This was my first and last ABA event. Even the lady taking money, was a true Pit Bull. :mg: They got my money once but it won't happen again. I hope I do not offend any Pit Bull owners.

what you dont realize is this isnt these people club. its yours. there are 5-8 people who put it on, 2 ranges, and take care of everything else. i know the president well, and i cant imagine him being mean to everyone, the lady taking money, if it was mary miller is one of the nicest, most genuine people i know. they are the ones who get stuff like your feburary season back, and fight for anything to do with bowhunting in the state of arkansas. if you dont want to support the orgainization your an idiot because they support you.