PDA

View Full Version : turkey huntin

fitz270
March 26th, 2009, 12:57 AM
I was just wondering where all you nwa and river valley guys were going to be chasing turkeys at this year. I have permission to hunt two different private tracts of land this year, one down by ozark right on the AR river and the other down around Booneville. They are both loaded up with birds. I am also going to try and hit SE Kansas for a little public land hunting.

LostHawg
March 28th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Good luck man. NWA is tough turkey hunting. I usually travel.

LH

HuntnHog
April 27th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I usually hunt White Rock WMA in the shores lake area. Used to be pretty good, but last year and this year have been much tougher than normal. I've only been up there one day this year, but from what I've heard I haven't missed out on too much. Might try to go one more time before season closes. I also hunt Fort Chaffee a little bit, but mainly during the week. It gets hit pretty hard on the weekends. You guys done any good this year?

fitz270
May 6th, 2009, 07:09 PM
I called in a bird for my 7yr old during the youth hunt but was not able to call one in for myself. I got set on 5 different birds and could not get any of them to come all the way. Every bird I got on stopped at around 100yrds and would not take another step. I went out to chaffee a couple of times and took my blind and bow. I have been wanting to take a bird with my bow. I know where there are a few birds that hardly anyone knows about and called one in close but couldn't get a clean shot. Poachers got on my private spots.

poke_53
May 7th, 2009, 01:22 PM
NWA are very hard to hunt