PDA

View Full Version : navigator

Travis VanDaele
February 9th, 2003, 09:24 PM
here is a question for the easton guys, Going to try the Navigators, size 480, and from what I can tell I will have to use the navigator specific points and pins since the carbon on the shaft would overlap the ace components. My question is would I be able to still use G noks instead of the pins, would there be any possible damage to the shaft while using g noks since perhaps there would be some carbon overlapping the nok.

aroshtr
February 10th, 2003, 01:14 AM
I am using the G-nock with my 540 navigators, and they work, but..... I suspect that I may get some shaft damagewith them. There isn't really that much carbon overlap, but the g-nock isn't going to do a very good job of deflecting arrows. Just my Thoughts

Joel

superdiablo
February 10th, 2003, 06:30 PM
I have recently bought 480īs and agree with Joel about the risk of rear damages on the shaft; personally I will stay with Beiter "standard" nocks until Mr. Beiter consider to produce his magnificent "in-out" model for those shafts.
The shaft weight to spine ratio as well as its low diameter and parallel construction makes a lot of sense to my taste and opinion for compound shooters; thumbs up for Easton at least until I can check the real grouping tolerances and longevity of the shaft ... (I still remember how well could I made fly the hyperspeeds with heavier point borrowed from their brother ACC's -without wind- and how short was their life ...)
Best luck guys!

Javier

>--gt-->
February 10th, 2003, 07:59 PM
G-nocks work fine in all sizes of Navigator shafts. I know Werner Beiter has nocks in the works as well, but not sure when those might become available.

I'm amazed at how popular the Navigator is in such a short time!

Jari
February 11th, 2003, 04:37 AM
Hello i Wonder what is the diffrent between ACE / Navigator, why should i choose the Navi ?

Jim Pruitte
February 11th, 2003, 10:31 AM
The navigator shaft is less exspensive than the ACE shafts and they are not a tapered shaft. But they are designed for outdoor target.

Stash
February 11th, 2003, 11:25 PM
Some info at the Altservices site
http://www.alternativess.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/0044.4.5515127594781933735

Jbird
February 15th, 2003, 01:38 PM
I plan on purchasing the Navigators and I am wondering how consistant they will be between a dozen bought today and a dozen bought six months from now. Will they be issued in series like the ACC's so that you can buy a subsequent dozen that will weigh the same as your first dozen?
Thanks,
Jbird