Archery Talk Forum banner

South Africa 2009

4K views 42 replies 25 participants last post by  storm5 
#1 ·
Me, my wife and to friends went on a 8 day W.S in South Africa in February.
We had a fantastic time with our outfitter Hamish Skeed of Lowlands Hunting Safaris. This is my third trip to hunt with him and his teem.
Here are some pictures from our trip, enjoy.
Aun Egil Vikør

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Wow!!!

What a trip..........what was the estimated expense for a trip like that???
We have been researching Africa and are looking for the best deals......
How does this particular outfitter rank etc........would love to know more about them......

Congrats there are some really nice trophies there.........

Mrs. amstaff

#16 ·
What a trip..........what was the estimated expense for a trip like that???
We have been researching Africa and are looking for the best deals......
How does this particular outfitter rank etc........would love to know more about them......

Congrats there are some really nice trophies there.........

Mrs. amstaff

I got in contact with Hamish thro Kwazulu Natal hunting association tree years ago. I asked them for a reputable outfitter for an upcoming bow hunt. They recommended him at the top. He runs one of the largest hunting areas in Kwazulu Natal. When you get there you will be treated as a friend and feel right at home. His camp may not be the most luxuriant in South Africa, but the atmosphere can not be matched anywhere. One of the guys that were on this hunt, hunted with on of the biggest and best known operations in 2007, and he says that this is the place he will go to next time. He has already booked his hunt with Hamish in 2011.
I have known Hamish, Roy, Shawn and Waldo now for tree years and they have become a big part of our lives. They are god, honest people doing a fantastic job for their clients and friends.
I would strongly recommend them for anybody thinking of A HUNT OF A LIFETIME.
I’m going back 13.05.2009 :darkbeer:
For a price estimate there is a complete price list at his web page.
http://www.lowlands.co.za/

#18 ·
Very nice animals.

Was all the hunting spot and stalk or water holes as well? Do they tend to frequent the water holes a fare amount this time of year?

Hope to go someday!

#19 ·
We got to take 13 animals on this hunt. Tree was taken from a blind, the rest was taken during walk and stalk.
They haw some good blinds and trestands, but we prefer w.s .
The best time for blinds hunting is July to September.
W.s is best in February to May, du to the god cower given by the vegetation.

#21 ·
lol.. I would love to have the oppurtunity to go to Africa to hunt.. little too expensive for my blood.. for now :D

#22 ·
on the plane in 3 weeks

seeing all those great photos makes me shudder with excitement. Going back to Dries Vissers in 3 weeks for the "safari of love" honeymoon. Hope to get pics as great as the ones you posted. Geat Photos and great post!

#23 ·
I went to Dries in may 2007. Had a great time. I shot my first animals with bow and arrow there. So I guess that I will always remember that place. The plan was that I should go back to Dries in may this year, but my working situation stopped me from doing that,so I chose to join my friends on their trip to Lowlands in february. That turned out to be a very good choice. Hamish, Sean, Roy and Waldo are some of if not the greatest guys I've ever met. And the hunting was by far the most exciting I've ever done. Hamish and his team put a lot of effort in making their clients satisfied. At the same time you don't feel like a client because they treat you more like a friend. And today I am very happy to count them among my friends. Hopefully that goes both ways. And you can tell from their faces and behavior that they love what they're doing. Maybe that's why they 're doing such a great job. I'm looking foreward to see them again.

#27 ·
EMJ I went to Dries in 2007 too. I think I might have seen you on the video of that year! I was the guy from St. Marys Iowa
I had to put on my DVD and look. You got your kudu. I went for a kudu this time. Sean actually got me within 26 meters from a 54 inch (his estimate) kudu on walk and stalk. That says something about his skills. The only problem was that the velcro strap on my release came loose at almost full draw. Luckily I managed to grab it before it flew out of my hand. There will never be a velcro around my wrist again when hunting!!!!

Einar

#29 ·
Lowlands Hunting Safaris takes great pride in bringing you some of the top hunting sites in Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa. With more than 14 000 hectares of dedicated game ranches as well as mixed beef and game farms at our disposal, Lowlands Hunting Safaris operate one of the largest hunting areas in the Kwa-Zulu Natal Midlands

#30 ·
Storm, don't worry about your grammar if you can get results like these (especially if English isn't your first language)! I hope that hunting will still allowed by the time I'm in a position to get to Africa. Wonderful trip, thanks for sharing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.