Archery Talk Forum banner

NAP Bloodrunner?

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  RxBowhunter 
#1 ·
Any of you guys used this head yet? Im a Rage 2 blade freak but this head looks sick. Any feedback?

#2 ·
The design has been around for a while. NAP bought the rights to the Tango archery Tiburon, gave it a large cutting diameter and renamed it.

A guy I work with is good friends with the owner of Tango archery (he's actually on the website beside either and elk or caribou i think) so he has TONS of the original design. Most of the bowhunters I work with shoot that design as a result and they've all had good results.

#7 ·
Bloodrunners

I shoot Rage 2 Blade. My dad has always hunted with fixed blade heads so I just bought him a 3 pack of the Bloodrunners. Even IF for some unknown reason it doesn't open you still have a 1" cut and they have a pretty nice tip to break bone with. I just bought his 2 days ago. I'll let you know how they do.

#9 ·
I shoot Rage 2 Blade. My dad has always hunted with fixed blade heads so I just bought him a 3 pack of the Bloodrunners. Even IF for some unknown reason it doesn't open you still have a 1" cut and they have a pretty nice tip to break bone with. I just bought his 2 days ago. I'll let you know how they do.
I just got a "gift box" full of NAP stuff, including the Bloodrunners and Hellrazors.

You pointed to one of the major benefits--in theory at least--with the Bloodrunner, in that the design appears to allow the head to cut even if the blades don't fully deploy for some reason. It essentially functions as a low profile fixed blade until the "nose/piston" is pushed back deploying the blades, so one could assume the head would still cut, blades fully open or not.

I'll be talking to one of the NAP folks tonite, and I'll ask him specifically about any testing and/or performance expectations should the blades NOT open.

I plan to have both the Bloodrunners and Hellrazors in my quiver this year, and will test the BR on the first slick head that gives me an opportunity! :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.