Archery Talk Forum banner

do slick tricks get feild point flight?????

1K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  Meleagris1 
#1 ·
how do your slick tricks mag fly compared to your feild points?

thanks.

#6 ·
my bow has shot crimsons great, magnus great, g5 great, muzzies not so much, liberty broadheads no good flight.

so i do beleive some heads just dont fly good unless you tune to them.

i want feild point flight.

#5 ·
slick tricks

My hunting buddy used them this year,and they seem to fly well.I was impressed on the blood trail created by them on elk.He hit the bull tight to near shoulder and ended up opposite hip and stuck hard.It actually broke the rear hip,and two of us couldn't pull it out of the hip bone(which was in the way,gutting it).The blood trail was 18" wide for the 60yds,and all of us were impressed,to say the least.They seem like good heads.

#7 ·
I was a skeptic when I kept hearing that they fly like field points, but they really do. I shot four different brands of broadheads (not satisfied with any of them) before hearing about and trying Slick Tricks. I'm sold, end of story.

I doubt I ever try another broadhead again. They fly IDENTICAL to my FP's and leave a great blood trail.

#8 ·
for me they shot about 4" low. a miner ajustment and they were driving nails at 50 yards. they may shot good farther but I don't shot any farther.

#10 ·
I had already tuned my bow to shoot Muzzy's and Thunderheads with my FT's. Bought a pack of Slick Trick Magnum 100's and dead center, right with my field tips. Bought two more packs and that's all I have in my quiver now. I am impressed.

#13 ·
well i just traded my rages for a pack. so i will see how they work.

if they dont o well. i still have magnus and crimson talons that fly amazing.

im hoping these fly good. i like the design

#17 ·
I don't understand it either, but with most broadheads I've been able to just move the rest and they fly the same. With the zwickeys (huge surface area) I had to match my spine to my bow. They were 5" right at 40 yards, I dropped 5# and re-walk back tuned, and they flew the same.

If I had to make a guess since the spine isn't perfect (thats why it isn't tuning in line chances are) it is lining up the nodes so they arrow flies out straight.

#18 ·
I don't understand it either, but with most broadheads I've been able to just move the rest and they fly the same. With the zwickeys (huge surface area) I had to match my spine to my bow. They were 5" right at 40 yards, I dropped 5# and re-walk back tuned, and they flew the same.
i also dont understand this. if your feild points are hitting dead on and your broadheads are not and you move the rest isnt it just going to make the feild points off???

i just dont understand it. ill have to do a search.

#22 ·
For what it's worth......

We tested broadheads with my daughter's crossbow from a bench vise (because we get bored in the off season) 20 yards, 286 FPS on a 20 inc 420 grain bolt. Some fixed blades plane erratically on the bolt, some group, but not with the field point. The Tricks grouped tight, right with the field point. The lower profile fixed blades generally were closer or on with Field points

Granted it is not from a bow, and is on a 20 inch bolts, but we try to eliminate some of the variables, such as the shooter and bow tuning. This may not prove anything, but it did kill some time. Try it at home, no professionals needed! I switched to Tricks last year after trying this.

Additional heads:

Great- Muzzy MX3, Shuttle T-loc

Grouped, but just off field points- Montec, Magnus Stinger 4 blade

Wider groups - Thunderhead, Lazer Pro Mag,

Moving and shaking- Old Sattelite, Allen Walmart Specials (Yes I have a neighbor who uses them, and killed a 174# monster:eek: )

I will leave the penetration, durability, blood trails and lethalness to the experts

#24 ·
cool. i cant wait for mine to come in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.