Archery Talk Forum banner

Can you spot the bear?

3K views 55 replies 42 participants last post by  whitetailnut 
#1 ·
I'm filling the bait barrel in this picture and have a visitor. Can you spot him? He is 25 yards away.pic was taken 3 hours ago.

See less See more
#5 ·
No, sure kept lifting my head though. It was funny setting up our stands last Saturday, he hung around the whole time. He's been coming to our bait for 3 years now and is starting to get some size. Back is a couple inches under the top of the barrel.

#4 ·
Hope that a bag of honey buns in your hand ...

#16 ·
Why the use of camo and scent lok when a bear sits there and waits for you to finish with the baits? Well trained bear.:noidea: Yes I do hunt but hunting over a bait just doesn't seem right. If you do shoot him don't forget to mount him with the donut in his mouth.

#20 ·
true but the one percent of this that cant hunt over bait for any type of game in our state are kinda SOL...

#24 ·
Thanks for all those well thought out comments but seriously the bear is sitting there waiting for you to finish doing your job, waiting for lunch to be served.
Its not a moral judgment but how hard is it to shoot a trained bear stalk the big ones now that would be impressive. Hey why not shoot it while its riding on its unicycle:confused:.

#27 ·
cool pics and nice bear.

Rinaldo - Shut up !

#40 ·
Pretty cool man! We had a grizzly come through our site the other night and we didnt even have any bait out yet! The bait was sitting on the ground in buckets. Looks like were gonna have to be dealing with those pests this season again.

Rinaldo-Try baiting for yourself. Theres alot more skill than you think and tons of manual labor. If you've never done it before, keep your damn mouth shut, or make your own post if you really wanna express your views.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.