Archery Talk Forum banner

First blood for GT500

440 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  HCH 
#1 ·
I finally got a break in the weather here and some time to hunt. I have culls going on here at the moment.
Saturday I went out and put a stalk on a big boar getting to full draw at 20 meters, before feeling the wind on the back of my neck, followed with a snort of dissaproval and he bolted.
On Monday I went back with a friend, more just to go for a walk and a group of small pigs came out to feed in a field. I wasn't interested in taking one but my friend, who had only just started shooting that day wanted to see me take one. The pigs were making their way towards us and I had good cover to get close, so I decided to take one for the table and stalked to 30 meters.
The shot was a little further back than I would have liked but he piled up about 70 meters away in some thick scrub.

Soon we will start on the roe deer here, and I still have more pigs to take out on the cull, so here's to bigger and better things.

See less See more
#4 ·
Congrats:darkbeer:

#5 ·
Cool. Gr8 to see Elites killing in Italy 2:darkbeer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.