Archery Talk Forum banner

Pending New State Record Turkey in Maine

5K views 62 replies 41 participants last post by  ryersonhill 
#1 ·
I got my first Eastern Turkey today with a bow, and it turns out to be the new state archery record with a total score of 70.07 i beat the score in the Maine Skull and Antler Club of 66.48 as published in 2007, will publish picks later i'm beat bad..

#28 ·
nice, real high fence, how high would that have to be....lol:mg:

#5 ·
the tall one is my best hunting companion i have ever had Tyler Leonard is a hunting partner that only comes around once in a lifetime, and i'm glad i hunt with him, at 6:15 in the pouring rain Tyler pulled him away from his girlfriend in a field and with my Ross CR331 which is probaly the smoothest bow i have ever shot i placed a arrow in his lunchbox at 27 yards, its the first turkey i have ever shot and i did not relize what i had done until we measured it and had it scored at Howells Gun Shop In Gray, Maine then after he looked at it Howell give me the number to the scorer to the Maine Skull and Antler Club and he officially scored it at 70.07 and by the last book published i now am 4 total points ahead of the record of the past... thanks guys sorry about being late with the pics, i sucked it up and stayed awake

Attachments

#6 ·
I know nothing about turkey scoring but 4 points seems like a huge margin over the current record.

How significant a jump is that? Is it rare to best a record that much?

#11 ·
hey thanks guys, i appreciate the comments, funny thing about this is i bought the bow from L.L.Beans, it was a customer return that broke the string and they replaced it with a winners choice neon pink and blue its wild, so i was sitting there last night and told my fiance i'm going to build a sling to match the strings and cables so Tyler hadn't said much about them this morning, and then after i shot it, he said i can't believe you shot a huge Tom with a pink slinged bow and just looked at me like he was dumbfounded i just smiled and said them paramadness bow slings are awesome aren't they...... =O

#24 ·
What is the beard length, spur length, and the birds weight for all of us that do not know how to score turkeys?
the weight was 22.32 pounds, left spur was 1-3/8" long, right spur was 1-1/2" long and the beard was a hair under 10" , it would of been heavier but it didn't have all of his toes (ha ha) that sould make a interesting mount old 9 toes...

#23 ·
Is that a pink wrist strap?
Ya Neon Pink and Electric Blue.... i bought the bow and it came with a set of WC string/cable same color so i made a sling to match the night before its bright....

#20 ·
Congrats....

Congrats, looks like a GREAT BIRD!!!! :cheers:

#21 ·
cost of bow

Just wondering how much a bow like that cost. I know a pro shop that sells them but moved away from there. He likes them because the shoot great and he can have the serviced when he is not able to, because they are close to KC with the Ross company. Super turkey and out of sight with the bow and I had a hunting buddy and he died at 30 of a blood clot from a sprain ankly.

#22 ·
Just wondering how much a bow like that cost. I know a pro shop that sells them but moved away from there. He likes them because the shoot great and he can have the serviced when he is not able to, because they are close to KC with the Ross company. Super turkey and out of sight with the bow and I had a hunting buddy and he died at 30 of a blood clot from a sprain ankly.

I paid $100 for the bow, but i think they are around $700 new, but wow its smooth real smooth..... 7-3/4 BH and it holds like a rock

#27 ·
Hey come on up, we put two down by 6:05 this morning, alot of farm and fields here...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.