Archery Talk Forum banner

finally got my bow done

5K views 32 replies 24 participants last post by  tgloyd 
#1 ·
CSS Encore 37" 91lbs
Blacked out by me
Quiver custom painted by me (black on black ghosted in deer horn design)
Airbrushed Pink horns and name and birthdate of my lil angel bottom limb
Rock Solid Strings (thanks Tripp)
Tru-Glo Extreme Sight
Whisker Biscuit Rest
Hi-Riser and Kwiki Kwiver
Limbsaver Stabalizer
Bow and arrow Bow Electrical wiring Compound bow Technology

Electronic instrument Musical instrument Plucked string instruments String instrument Electric guitar

Helmet Personal protective equipment Auto part Fender Metal

Pink Text Font Magenta Material property

Microphone Audio equipment Microphone stand Technology Electronic instrument

See less See more
#4 ·
yea, 91 lbs caught me too............

Nice rig, CONGRATS. :darkbeer:

#5 ·
thanks for the nice comments
i just got it put together tuesday i have not had a chance to shoot it through the chronograph yet but trust me its FAST it will flat fling the 2317's but i think i might shoot the 2419's just so i can put the biggest arrow out there through em
lol its a light weight compared to where it started it used to be 102 but the limbs cracked :sad: good news is it pulls smooth and shoots straight

#7 ·
whitetails
at 6'6" 330lbs you dont get many advantages hunting
this is the only advantage i get the weight is easy its like 50-55 lbs for most guys and i dont have to wait for a deer to turn to get a shot
i do most of my hunting out of state in ohio and i dont want to have to let the buck of lifetime over there walk b/c it wont turn or give me a broadside or quartering away shot at that weight and KE you can get a complete pass through even hitting the front side shoulder first

thats the one and only reason and i never have to worry about arrows getting stuck in them and breaking off they are all complete pass throughs and sticking in the ground its saving me money on arrows lol :)

#12 ·
something similiar i mainly use 145 grain 4 blade muzzys but also shoot a 175 grain MA3 and 235 grain Hills Hornet (2.5inch cut diamter solid steel head) its a big nasty broadhead :shade:

#21 ·
you and me both we just might get to find out this year i have no doubt it will be a complete pass through the old 86# Mountaineer bow could do it and they arent even close in performance

#20 ·
draw length is 31.5" with another 1/2" d-loop. lol it gets crowded in my stand too with just me in it :teeth: my hunting buddy is about the exact opposite of me he is 5'9 145 lbs i played offensive line in college and he ran track and that lil butthead thinks its funny to put the smallest stands he can find up with a branch that is above his head but hits me in the shoulder :thumbs_do we have been hunting together for 15 years (since we were 13) and he cant remember how big i am when he puts up stands lol if he keeps it up i just might have to use the lil telephone pole slinger to do a complete passthrough on his Chevy truck doors lol

#22 ·
I feel you bro! I played D line in college and I'd love to pull a 90 lb bow just to be able to just blow the front shoulders out for no tracking job! All the companies are making speedy bows for 60 lbs because everyone wants to pull less! Give me a 90 lb Omen or a 90 lb Monster!

#24 ·
with 91lb you could shoot planks for arrows and kill an elephant! There will be people that say that that much ke/weight is way to much, and you don't need that much blah blah blah :blabla: but hell, if I could, I would to :D

#32 ·
no one is gonna say anything about the fact that the mans bow has pink on it???? cause it won't be me to do it, no sir. not to a man pullin 90+ pounds lol!!!:wink: seriously, good looking rig and it's nice to see that some people can shoot a bad rig like that(my DL is 26":embara:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.