Archery Talk Forum banner

Easton Full Metal Jackets and Fixed Broadheads?

532 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  rich-allen 
#1 ·
How do you guys and gals tune your fixed broadheads on the FMJ's and the HIT insert? Do you let you epoxy start tacking up before you screw them in and turn them, or put the broadhead on the insert and push it in and let it dry. Thats the only problem with the HIT insert idea I have ever found. I still like just being able to heat you aluminums and turn them anywhere.
thanks for any help
kentucky k

#2 ·
Don't do either. Use the insert seating tool (the plastic green thing) that Easton provided with the shafts. Let the epoxy dry over night. Only then do you screw a BH or field point into the shaft. Don't worry about where they index. Just make sure they are straight, which Easton's procedures will provide.

#8 ·
The only thing I was told is to contact the Broadhead Manufacturer and see if they recommend using the Broadhead Adapter Ring or what Easton calls a BAR. They seem to help protect the insert end of the arrow because it is just the edge with no collar like most other inserts have...

Just a thought...

Regards,
LFM

#9 ·
I just did a Doz. FMJ last night. The instructions tell you that you must leave the arrow flat once you insert the HIT. By doing so, you keep the hit from sliding up or down with wet epoxy. The epoxy must dry overnight.

I make sure to keep my epoxy job neat and tidy. If you soak the HIT in glue it will surely get into the underside of the HIT making it difficult to screw in any tip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.