Archery Talk Forum banner

Bino Question

401 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  TheDoctorReal 
#1 ·
So I have a pair a Leupold glod rings (they were a gift, so I didn't pay that much for a pair of binos). The issue is I know how much they are worth, and I am a little gun shy about using them.

What do you guys/girls/its use to protect your glass in the field? I was looking at those cover that Leupold makes, but they are pricey. Has anyone ever used Butler Creek scope covers to protect binos? I think they would work, but want to hear from some one else who has used them.

#2 ·
Don't worry about hurting them. You won't. Just use them and enjoy them. As long as you don't try cleaning the lens with sandpaper or kick them off a cliff, they will most likely last longer than you or I. With Leupold's excellent warranty, they will essentially last forever. By all means take care of them, but you don't have to baby them.

#3 ·
I agree. Love Leupold Gold Rings.

I use a chest style strap with a neoprene fleece cover. As long as you don't screw up the lenses just enjoy the binos. We use a lot of Swarovski's in the outfitter and guide world and they cost around $1800. Trust me, they get used just like any other tool in our bags.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.