Archery Talk Forum banner

Let's Talk Stabilizers

625 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  electric sheep 
#1 ·
I realized this week that I really have no idea how to choose a stabilizer. I don't know what length, weight or what material I want. Lets' hear some opinions on what you all use. Do you go for quiet (navacom) or for more stability (hydraulic). What weight do you use? What kind of "feel" are you looking for? Keep in mind I will primarily be using this for hunting although I don't know if it matters.

#3 ·
What I shoot.
A few years ago I bought a simple NAP shockblocker. It's powder filled and seemed to do a nice job. I bought a new bow last year so thought I'd get me a fancy stab. I bought an Octane, and shot with it a bit. I put the NAP back on the bow and been shooting it. It seems to shoot better. I don't think I've ever seen anyone else shooting one of 'em though.

What I like.
For me I think the big thing is have the stab balance the bow the way I like. I like the bow to fall a certain way, the stab has to make that happen, or I won't be happy with it.

What I'd do
Try a bunch. Borrow friends for a few shots, Go to a shop that will let you test drive a few. You'll never know for sure if you like it until you try it. After you find what you like, buy one from the classifieds here. I think the stab on my bow is the only thing that didn't came from the clasifieds.

#5 ·
Stokerized stabilizers

Check out Stokerized stabilizers at swataracreekoutfitters.com They are awesome and they also come in just about any color. No hand shock and a quiet bow is what their goal is. Money well spent in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.