Archery Talk Forum banner

alberta bear hunt

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  BUCFVR 
#1 ·
heading to high level alberta in 2 weeks for an archery bear hunt with w& l guides. 2 bear tags and a wolf tag. i am fired up about the hunt, 6 full days and i am hoping to arrow a colored phase bear. has anyone hunted this area before? counting down the days!!!!!

#6 ·
ttt

Good luck make sure you have one of those Threma Cell and plenty of refills you are going to need it.:)

#8 ·
ttt

There is a lot of bears up there and big ones to.I went up 2 years ago, a friend and my self saw 25 different bears in 3 days before we let the string go .My friend shot a nice 19" blacky and my self was a 18" blondei.We say 2 grey and one black wolf and a couple of guys from the great lake area shot 2 greys.Have you ever been that far north before?Its pretty cool.We would put ourbaits out in the morning come back to camp for a nap then eat lunch and head out to the baits by 4pm.We would get back to camp around 1:30 or 2 am,have supper and go to bed .Then start the same thing the next day.You have a great time and the Big Ones will be the last ones to come to the bait,which could be the last 5 minutes of legal hunting. We will be wanting to see some pics when you get back.:)

#9 ·
Round here the bugs ain't so bad yet. Ticks and Mosquito's too....... just haven't been right for them yet. Best of luck on your hunt. Have fun and be safe. :darkbeer:

#13 ·
I went to High Level last year and killed 19" and a 20". I'd post pictures if I could figure it out. There are a bunch of bears running around that neck of the woods. If you go to Alberta Bear Buster's website, I am the hunter with the guide and his dog. That is my 20" bear. My 19" is also in the gallery section. I love bear hunting! Have fun.

#18 ·
Good luck 12point and I look forward to reading about your hunt and viewing lots of pictures.. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.