Archery Talk Forum banner

OK, I am going to go with the Slick Tricks this year.Which ones should I use

698 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  3children 
#1 ·
I want to know which ones you prefer and why....The reg,the mags,the grizztricks or the razor.I shoot 100 gr

#2 ·
I had great luck with the Razor Tricks with my light 52# draw weight. They fly exactly the same as my field tips and slightly better than the Standard Slick Tricks flew for me. I plan on using them again in 09.

#4 ·
ST's

My son and I have only used the 125 grain magnums and my shooting partner has used the 100 grain standards and all of us have been very pleased both with accuracy and killing effect. As far as those choices go you will most likely be happy with whichever you try and then just decide to stay with it. Remember the standard and magnum blades are interchangeable, so you can order replacement blades of the other type if you wish to, and then just use them on the same head. All of us have found the head to be ready to reuse with just a touch up in some cases (in others I had to look for the stain on the head because it as well as the blades seemed new) after the kill and even the blades only needed a slight resharpening..

#6 ·
I use the 100gn standards, because I figured they they would present less flight problems even though all of their tips should work fine.
I am curious to try the mags, but to be honest, I haven't had any need to.
The 1" diameter over 4 blades make a plenty big enough hole, but we all know the feeling that bigger is better!
Try a pack of each.

#7 ·
I would go with the Mags. I shoot 85 gr heads currently so I had to go with the Standards but otherwise I would've gotten the Mags. The Razortricks look like a nice head but if it hit solid bone like a shoulder blade(it shouldn't, but crap happens when you're hunting), then it wouldn't fare well as compared to a Grizz or Mag. The Grizztricks look really nice also but I've heard of issues with blades breaking off, though I'm not sure if this is true or not.

#8 ·
my #1 selling head is the ST 100 mag. Maybe 50 to1 in sales, but I have used the standard and 4 deer down and not one made it to 10 yds. Depending on your setup and how many lbs. you draw I don't you can make a mistake on any of them. Let me know if I could help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.